How many pets do you have in your bedroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes!!! That is right! My Maine coon boy Maxi is no different then any dog. He looks little different but is fiercely protective of his family

Yep. Cats can get just as protective as dogs. When my ex and I split up, it was obvious who got which cat. Delilah, even as a kitten didn't like anyone touching me, and Pixie was my ex's little minion. When she met my current boyfriend she instantly hated him. Hissed and swatted at him, which was funny because she was trying to take hits at his steel toed boots. She looked confused when it hurt her paw. Both were gorgeous cats. My Delilah (sadly had to give her away) is a pale calico, with tabby splotches instead of solid colored ones. Pixie is a fat blue tortishell. I wish I had pictures I could post of them.

Yep. Cats can get just as protective as dogs. When my ex and I split up, it was obvious who got which cat. Delilah, even as a kitten didn't like anyone touching me, and Pixie was my ex's little minion. When she met my current boyfriend she instantly hated him. Hissed and swatted at him, which was funny because she was trying to take hits at his steel toed boots. She looked confused when it hurt her paw. Both were gorgeous cats. My Delilah (sadly had to give her away) is a pale calico, with tabby splotches instead of solid colored ones. Pixie is a fat blue tortishell. I wish I had pictures I could post of them.

Oh, Alyxx! I can't imagine having to give up any of my pets!!!! I am so sorry!

Yeah, I didn't mind having to give up Pixie - she was my ex's cat through and through. She never liked me as much as she liked him. But Delilah was my baby. I rescued her from the parking lot at my job, when she was a starving little ball of fur. We weren't planning on giving her away permanently, either. The only acquaintance we could find to take her on short notice was supposed to give her back in a few weeks. We were going to take her back once we were moved in and had figured out a way to keep her hidden. But this acquaintance lives 30 minutes away, dropped contact with everyone we knew her through, and her phone number got disconnected. So we never got her back, or even heard back from the chick who has her. It really broke my heart.

Yeah, I didn't mind having to give up Pixie - she was my ex's cat through and through. She never liked me as much as she liked him. But Delilah was my baby. I rescued her from the parking lot at my job, when she was a starving little ball of fur. We weren't planning on giving her away permanently, either. The only acquaintance we could find to take her on short notice was supposed to give her back in a few weeks. We were going to take her back once we were moved in and had figured out a way to keep her hidden. But this acquaintance lives 30 minutes away, dropped contact with everyone we knew her through, and her phone number got disconnected. So we never got her back, or even heard back from the chick who has her. It really broke my heart.

Wow! So she basically stole/kidnapped your cat!? :(. That is very heart breaking.

That stinks! We had something sillier happen with my dad, my uncle(his brother) and 2 dogs. My uncle,at the time, lived in Memphis and was going to build a new house in Florida. He asked us to watch his 2 dogs till the house was built. No problem, our yard is 5 fenced lots, so plenty of room. My uncle flew the dogs to us and never came to pick them up. We never got mad at him for it. It was just kinda like one of those 'what the heck' type of things.

That stinks! We had something sillier happen with my dad, my uncle(his brother) and 2 dogs. My uncle,at the time, lived in Memphis and was going to build a new house in Florida. He asked us to watch his 2 dogs till the house was built. No problem, our yard is 5 fenced lots, so plenty of room. My uncle flew the dogs to us and never came to pick them up. We never got mad at him for it. It was just kinda like one of those 'what the heck' type of things.

So was that had or good? He flew the dogs to you?! What type of dogs were they? Are they still with you?

So was that had or good? He flew the dogs to you?! What type of dogs were they? Are they still with you?

Not sure if it was good or bad. They were good dogs, got along with ours and we had plenty of room/love to go around. The limit in our city is 3 dogs, we had 6 lol! The pound would hassle us once in awhile for being over limit but never took any away. One was a Newfoundland mix and other had the ears/tail of a Shepard but the colors of a beagle. When my dad would come home from work, all 6 had a 'song' , they would bark a choirs. Sadly, they aren't with us anymore.

Not sure if it was good or bad. They were good dogs, got along with ours and we had plenty of room/love to go around. The limit in our city is 3 dogs, we had 6 lol! The pound would hassle us once in awhile for being over limit but never took any away. One was a Newfoundland mix and other had the ears/tail of a Shepard but the colors of a beagle. When my dad would come home from work, all 6 had a 'song' , they would bark a choirs. Sadly, they aren't with us anymore.

Thinking of the barking choir, my old mutt scared the crap out of my mom one day with her "greeting." Nikki was a lab/husky mix (as far as we could tell) and she definitely had the husky habit of chattering and yodeling instead of barking or howling. And one day, my mom got out of her car and Nikki was in the fenced in part of the yard on side of the house, and my mom heard someone saying her name, Sharon. She freaked out and crept up to the fence, only to hear some more yips and barks, and realized it was just the dog. Pretty funny. Btw, if you have never heard a husky chattering away, you are missing out. They are hilarious.

Thinking of the barking choir, my old mutt scared the crap out of my mom one day with her "greeting." Nikki was a lab/husky mix (as far as we could tell) and she definitely had the husky habit of chattering and yodeling instead of barking or howling. And one day, my mom got out of her car and Nikki was in the fenced in part of the yard on side of the house, and my mom heard someone saying her name, Sharon. She freaked out and crept up to the fence, only to hear some more yips and barks, and realized it was just the dog. Pretty funny. Btw, if you have never heard a husky chattering away, you are missing out. They are hilarious.

Lol. Did the dog actually say "Sharon" or was she imagining it? I have heard the huskies and its hilarious. XD

She came close, I had heard her come close before. More like rar-on. I miss that dog every day. She was my buddy for like 15 years.

She passed away a few years ago, laid down in the summer sun and went in her sleep. It was the best I could have wished for her. Unlike our other dog, who we had to put down maybe two years ago after she lost the use of her back legs. She had a rough last month or so before my mom just couldn't keep her comfortable any longer. That was our standard poodle, Chanel. Full name Brahney's Chanel No. 5. She was puppy number 5 in her litter, and Chanel no. 5 is my mom's favorite perfume.

She passed away a few years ago, laid down in the summer sun and went in her sleep. It was the best I could have wished for her. Unlike our other dog, who we had to put down maybe two years ago after she lost the use of her back legs. She had a rough last month or so before my mom just couldn't keep her comfortable any longer. That was our standard poodle, Chanel. Full name Brahney's Chanel No. 5. She was puppy number 5 in her litter, and Chanel no. 5 is my mom's favorite perfume.

We've had to put a few down before. It's hard. My grandpa had to put his down. But he did it the old fashioned way, if you know what I mean, it took him 3 days to get himself to do it.

Awww... So sweet and sad! As loss of pet always is! Love the names you Guys came up with. Hey Alyxx, I started a thread in unhealthy fish section "fin rot?", would you mind looking at the picture there when you get a chance and share some of your experience? Other then my recent one I've never dealt with illness in fish so all I know is book knowledge, but there's nothing like having actually been through it

We've had to put a few down before. It's hard. My grandpa had to put his down. But he did it the old fashioned way, if you know what I mean, it took him 3 days to get himself to do it.

Putting them down us not only an emotional and moral dilemma, it can also be a rather considerable expense! 4 yrs ago I had to put down 2 of my kitty boys (15 yr old litter mates suffering from thyroid disease and complications. My vet bill was just pennies short of 400$! So there is something to be said for your Grandpa's "old fashion ways" though I don't know if I could bring myself to do that. Now that vet bill did include "mass cremation" of my "boys"bodies which I regret having done, should have buried them in my backyard, but back then I was so traumatized by that whole thing that was not thinking straight

I would never be able to make myself do it that way to put an animal down. Shudder....

Awwww. Well, that is a very peaceful death. Dying while sleeping. It's really sad though too. :(

i have a 1 gallon tank with a baby betta in it a 2.5 with a male veiltale betta and a 20 gallon mouse tank with 6 mice 10 gallon balloon molly tank 20 gallon planted tank two 5.5 betta tanks and a fat cockapoo haha. the last one is my chihuahua/pappillion mix that is now living at my moms because he causes to much allergies for my girlfriends mom. i rescued him from my friends rich snobby ex girlfriend that was going to send him to a 30 day shelter in florida and believe me nobody would have wanted this dog, as cute as he is, he is vicious to people who dont know him. i told them i would take him and they actually paid to fly him up here. when i first got him he would not get off my bed, but he wouldnt even let me touch him. a week after i had him he was in love with me and would literally sleep under the covers he is an awesome dog

Attachments

• image-1664273675.jpg
    image-1664273675.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 44
  • image-3422057723.jpg
    image-3422057723.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 34
  • image-996067435.jpg
    image-996067435.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 39
  • image-2721863687.jpg
    image-2721863687.jpg