How many rainbow fish in a 55 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, they aren't that big of a fish, but they are very active. I would say between 10-15 depending on how much maintenance you are willing to do and if you have good filters. I would also add in about 6-8 Cories as a bottom cleaners, but thats up to you.

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

How many could I add if i had 4 SAE's and 2 Bolivian rams. The tank will be densely planted with hygrophilia deforms, java fern, swords etc.

Hmm, plants are good, and i will assume you have good filtration, so i would say 10-12 is still a good number, as long as you do weekly water changes of at least 30-40 percent...

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

SAE's rarely breed in captivity. Usually if they are not wild caught they are bred through hormone injections. Although it would be cool if fish like SAE's could be bred easily.

Back
Top Bottom