How meny cichlids could I have in a 30g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
frontosa needs to be re homed it well out grow.your tank fast

I no waiting to get 55g

Then don't wait but just know you are going to stunt your frontosa it needs a 75 gallon bare minimum and soon your tank will become a blood bath none of those fish are going to get a long forever.

A 30g is way small man you need at least double that to keep those fish. You could keep some dwarf cichlids.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What you are getting is good advice. The vast majority of the African Rift lake cichlids commonly available in the hobby are not suited to be kept in a 30 gal tank - they require a 4' or larger tank. Had you done your research before purchasing fish, you would have known that. As was pointed out, the 30 would be a suitable habitat for dwarf cichlids, of which there are quite a few. Some of which are even found in the Rift lakes, but they are not commonly available. If you are not willing to wait for a 55gal, then you need to focus on keeping the types of cichlids which will thrive in the environment you have.

What you are getting is good advice. The vast majority of the African Rift lake cichlids commonly available in the hobby are not suited to be kept in a 30 gal tank - they require a 4' or larger tank. Had you done your research before purchasing fish, you would have known that. As was pointed out, the 30 would be a suitable habitat for dwarf cichlids, of which there are quite a few. Some of which are even found in the Rift lakes, but they are not commonly available. If you are not willing to wait for a 55gal, then you need to focus on keeping the types of cichlids which will thrive in the environment you have.

Agree with this

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom