How much money do you have into our hobby so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Much

• 0-100

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • 101-200

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • 201-300

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • 301-400

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • 401-500

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • 501-800

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • 801-1000

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • 1001-1500

Votes: 44 15.2%
  • 1501-2000

Votes: 26 9.0%
  • 2001-3000

Votes: 18 6.2%
  • This list can't even touch my price tag lol

Votes: 54 18.6%

• Total voters
Two new tanks 1 80 gallons with c02, stands, expensive lights, two fluval canisters on each plus uv sterilizers, plants, fish, ferts, tabs ect it adds up my man

Oh and I live in nova scotia and that makes a big difference on pricing

Well that is because of where you live.

In just 2 markers I've spent over 4k with nothing at all. I did not include other equipment and clothing which you need. In a week I spend easily more than a $100 in gas, food, paintballs & entrance to the field.

Biocube14 said:
This hobby is cheap compared to my other two hobbies, Kids and partying...
Got about $1500 into my 14gal biocube..

Yeah kids are expensive too formula is ridicules but it's a bigger reward keeping them alive lol joke

ryan-peddle said:
Yeah kids are expensive too formula is ridicules but it's a bigger reward keeping them alive lol joke

Lol but depending on the situation u may not get as excited when they reproduce.

I wasted so much money on my aquarium because i didn't know what i was doing before . At least 2400$. So expensive in Canada . Double the price from Usa. The water is really great here do for aquarium.

Patrice said:
I wasted so much money on my aquarium because i didn't know what i was doing before . At least 2400$. So expensive in Canada . Double the price from Usa. The water is really great here do for aquarium.

That's alright,you get any medicine you take a lot cheaper than we do in the US,even though it is made here.LOL

Ricksreef said:
That's alright,you get any medicine you take a lot cheaper than we do in the US,even though it is made here.LOL

I would rather pay for quality health care then the second rate health care we get o you have cancer here's some Tylenol 3 lol and we have a pharmaceutical company in Montreal lol

well since the very beginning? hmmm 15 years of this hobby adds up lol. in the past 5 years of records i have 4572.23 cents. and thats just five years of it lol

100 on a 29gal tank including heater, filter and gravel. 20 all together on syphon, test kits, air pump, air stones and conditioner, oh the joys of eBay :D

Ricksreef said:

Lol, if i would calculates my health bill. It probably be in the 4 to 5 zero. god i love Canada health policy.

good deal?

Did I get a good deal?
Got my 150g with wood stand, undergravel filter with 3 powerheads, (one was missing, all 600s just added a 1200) over the side filter, new test kit, light, dual air pump, and ofcourse, the lid system all for $600.

I've added $470 worth of store credit in exotic fish, plants, and nececities.
Out of pocket cost in addition to the 600 is around $400.

(I am the suplier of freshwater driftwood for my local aquarium store.)

at this point we could almost balance the US budget, with what we've all spent on our tanks.
I've had my tanks set up for more than 7 years now and I still spent nearly $200.00 on new stuff this month. Some of that was on Prime, NSL Finicky fish food, stuff I buy all the time. But even when we're finished setting up our tanks we are still spending money, it really never ends.

It didn't help that my not so LFS was having a sidewalk sale, that I couldn't resist. I got a 5g bucket of aquarium rocks for $5.00, the bucket alone was worth that much. Now I can get rid of the fake rocks in our Mbuna tank and redecorate the fish tank, again.

WendiDell said:
at this point we could almost balance the US budget, with what we've all spent on our tanks.
I've had my tanks set up for more than 7 years now and I still spent nearly $200.00 on new stuff this month. Some of that was on Prime, NSL Finicky fish food, stuff I buy all the time. But even when we're finished setting up our tanks we are still spending money, it really never ends.

It didn't help that my not so LFS was having a sidewalk sale, that I couldn't resist. I got a 5g bucket of aquarium rocks for $5.00, the bucket alone was worth that much. Now I can get rid of the fake rocks in our Mbuna tank and redecorate the fish tank, again.

I know right how many times have we said I am done redecorating and I am 100% happy lol

As far as "fresh" money, not too deep....yet. I still had all my stuff packed away from my fish tank "old days"... main thing being canister filters. My Uncle upgraded his FW community from 29g to 90g, so I got that 29 tank, stand, lid, & light for free. The only things I had to purchase were new diaphrams for my air pump, new heater (didn't trust the old ones), fresh test kits, and fish. So I'm maybe $150 in, but I know that will change quickly.... I've definitely got the bug again.

As far as other hobbies.... well, I won't get into that in case the other half finds this thread...:D (J.K. She knows what is spent. :smitten:)
It's kinda hard to hide the fact when I buy a camera lens that is worth more than my car.

I know right how many times have we said I am done redecorating and I am 100% happy lol

It took 1 sidewalk sale and now I want to do a whole new thing in my Mbuna tank. I don't think it ever really ends, as we get older our tastes change, so must our tanks. Plus I'm a Gemini, so my tastes change daily.
I'm really happy with my Angelfish tank turned out, but I still do little changes when I see something that looks better than what I have. For some reason my Mbuna tank has never reached the point of, I like how this looks, it's finished. It's never felt completely right or finished. So here I go again, but change is good for my Mbunas, it keeps the aggression down when they are always trying to figure out were their territory has gone.

I wish I could re-vote - Since I first voted i've gotten a new tank, easily added another 800 bucks to this. lol. We should have a yearly poll.

Back
Top Bottom