How much money do you have into our hobby so far?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Much

• 0-100

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • 101-200

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • 201-300

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • 301-400

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • 401-500

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • 501-800

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • 801-1000

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • 1001-1500

Votes: 44 15.2%
  • 1501-2000

Votes: 26 9.0%
  • 2001-3000

Votes: 18 6.2%
  • This list can't even touch my price tag lol

Votes: 54 18.6%

• Total voters
Yeah when I started the thread I should have made it that you can vote multiple times o well when I started I was in the 1000 range now I am creeping up on 5g

Like I said a few days ago, we never really finish spending money on our fish & their tanks. Even when we think our tanks are finished. We either decide to change how our existing tank looks, or if we're lucky we get to start fresh with a new larger tank.
It's a lot like any other addiction that way, as time goes on we all want more or larger tanks.
But I wouldn't want to change hobbies. Even after more than 7 years I'm still like a little kid when I go the FS to check out any new fish they have in stock.

Tanks, stands, filters & lights have set me back around $1600 Australian. Then food, fish and plants I wouldn't be able to guess how much I have spent and until recently I always got spring water to put in my tanks

I actually keep detailed records of my purchases and expenses as well as feeding records and params and observations so I can try to catch any trends that I want to prevent early on. So far I'm nearing the $700 mark.

RedFlame said:
I actually keep detailed records of my purchases and expenses as well as feeding records and params and observations so I can try to catch any trends that I want to prevent early on. So far I'm nearing the $700 mark.

I do as well Microsoft excel spreadsheet but for perams and stuff like that I use the aqua planner app for my iPod

Over the course of 3 years.

But given the tank size and racks etc... we had to reno a room for it and that is included in the spending cost.

I used an 800 gallon L-shaped glass tank as a center piece in the reception area of our new clinic.

Built the whole reception area around it.

Had to gut the place anyways but the extra cost to make accommodations for the tank would be over 5k easy, not even accounting for the cost of the tank or equipment.

But how often do you get to build an aquarium big enough to swim in???

Worth every penny

audifusion said:
I used an 800 gallon L-shaped glass tank as a center piece in the reception area of our new clinic.

Built the whole reception area around it.

Had to gut the place anyways but the extra cost to make accommodations for the tank would be over 5k easy, not even accounting for the cost of the tank or equipment.

But how often do you get to build an aquarium big enough to swim in???

Worth every penny

Very kool any chance of pictures?

i was at about $150 on my 10 and 5.5 planted, then i got a 60 gal which puts me at about $1,000

I cant Imagine there ever being a such a thing as too much money invested. I've seen tanks w/ the pricetag of luxury vehicles. And somehow in my mind I try to conjure up what "My $50k tank" would look like...

currently I'm about a grand in. But I've been very frugal, And Im learning and enjoying myself as if I've spent 10 times that.

Back
Top Bottom