How to clean play sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gawang said:
I've never used prime and I've been doing this for awhile now...... I've always used Tetra Safestart and have been skeptical about the prime and it's benefits :p

I feel like thats a blasphemy I just said right there..... XD

I only use prime because it lasts longer than anything else I can buy around here. Blasphemy would be saying you don't use any water conditioner!

Alyxx said:
I only use prime because it lasts longer than anything else I can buy around here. Blasphemy would be saying you don't use any water conditioner!

I've been using Safestart for over 5 years an my dad used it well before that maybe for 15 or so.

Gawang said:
I've been using Safestart for over 5 years an my dad used it well before that maybe for 15 or so.

How much to treat a gallon of water? With prime it's about 1 drop from a syringe to treat a gallon... I myself use Nutrafin aquaplus. Only reason is I can buy a bottle for 10 bucks and it treats 1000 gallons.

How much to treat a gallon of water? With prime it's about 1 drop from a syringe to treat a gallon... I myself use Nutrafin aquaplus. Only reason is I can buy a bottle for 10 bucks and it treats 1000 gallons.

It's .5ml per gallon and its a 500ml bottle for about 12ish bucks. Revising before, its Aquasafe Plus by Tetra.

Also, back to the Sand, my current water params for Hardness and PH are:
Hardness of about 75-80ish and a ph of 7.0 neutral for my established tank and out of the tap its about 100ish for hardness and a spot on 7.0 for ph again.

Back
Top Bottom