how to kill/cure_________(must be natural)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keenfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
i like to know what people have used to help with there problems without resorting to chemicals. for exmaple (i start)

algae best form to get rid of it is a pleco (imo)

Salt is a chemical... water is a chemical... hard to treat much of anything without a chemical.

And a pleco is not the best way to treat algae... reducing feeding and lighting usually is.

Salt is a chemical... water is a chemical... hard to treat much of anything without a chemical.

And a pleco is not the best way to treat algae... reducing feeding and lighting usually is.

haha chemicals like excel or conditioner those are true chemical (man made)

and a pleco is natrues way of dealing with it, what more natural can you get than natrue?

haha chemicals like excel or conditioner those are true chemical (man made)

and a pleco is natrues way of dealing with it, what more natural can you get than natrue?

Uh, well technically...everything is a chemical because everything is made of chemicals...:ermm:

And while it works for nature, it doesn't work in tanks. In rivers the current and size of the river gets rid of all the pleco's waste. In an aquarium there can be several things causing the algae. Getting a pleco in an aquarium only increases the waste production, which in turn increases the food for the algae...:blink:

oh i'll give up, i meant man made chemicals but if people are going to turn this into a debate F it, how about i go and add copper to my tank that get rid of the snails, or what about i go digging for water conditioner how about that?

to get rid of snails? add a thing of lettuce before you go to bed, wake up, remove lettuce with snails, and despose of them as you wish.

to get rid of snails? add a thing of lettuce before you go to bed, wake up, remove lettuce with snails, and despose of them as you wish.

no im messing about cos some people are starting to turn the chemical thing into a debate!! anyway i prefer assissin snails but the lettuce trick is good

Back
Top Bottom