How to make cichlid caves ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:Welcome: to AA!
You can make caves by stacking any kind of rock. You'll need to silicone them in place so they won't fall. They also sell cichlid stones that look like rocks but have a hole in them

I notch clay flower pots. For Africans, I stack the pots along the back to build a structure, then cover the pots with rocks so it looks like there is just one big pile of rocks. It takes up less volume of water, is lighter than all rock structures and provides more hidin' spots and escape routes than a solid pile of rocks.

For breeding caves, a single pot with a notch or with the bottom drain hole enlarged to allow the fish entrance works well. I use pots from 2" to 8" for different species, and they're also cheap. IIRC 4" pots were 80 cents, up to like $2.00 for an 8 incher.

WYite

Wyomingite said:
I notch clay flower pots. For Africans, I stack the pots along the back to build a structure, then cover the pots with rocks so it looks like there is just one big pile of rocks. It takes up less volume of water, is lighter than all rock structures and provides more hidin' spots and escape routes than a solid pile of rocks.

For breeding caves, a single pot with a notch or with the bottom drain hole enlarged to allow the fish entrance works well. I use pots from 2" to 8" for different species, and they're also cheap. IIRC 4" pots were 80 cents, up to like $2.00 for an 8 incher.

WYite

Any pics

Back
Top Bottom