How to use Seachem Equilibrium with RO/DI Water-Need Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquazan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello Aquarists! :)

I use Seachem Equilibrium to make new water during my water changes, but the only problem is that I don't know how much to use.

The Directions are as follows: To raise mineral content/ general hardness (GH) by 1 meq/L (3 dH), add 16 g (1 tablespoon) for every 80 L (20 gallons*) when setting up a tank or when making water changes (add to new water). Equilibrium™ can be added straight, although for optimum solubility characteristics, we recommend mixing with ~ 1 L (1 qt.) of water (the resulting mixture will have a white opaque appearance). When this mixture is added to the tank it will impart a slight haze that should clear within 15–30 minutes. HINTS: Do not use Equilibrium™ when replacing evaporated water. This dose is based on DI or RO water; for other water, measure hardness (GH) first, then add according to need. Plant preferences vary, but a general guide is about 1–2 meq/L (3–6 dH) or match the existing or target carbonate hardness (KH), which, ideally, is also about 1–2 meq/L (3–6 dKH).

How much should I add for my planted tank? (All of mine are planted) It says 1-2 meq, so should I go with 1.5 meq/L?

Up to now, I have just been doing 1 Tablespoon/20 gallons, so it is on the lower end, how would this affect my plants??

Should I start adding 1.5 Tablespoons/20 gallons?

Also, I struggle a lot with algae in some of my tanks, is there a risk of an algae bloom/rise with higher GH?

Thanks Everyone! :thanks: (y)

Back
Top Bottom