How will these fish do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know having that many in a tank isnt good. Also, so many people on here are saying different things... what do i do!? About two years ago i did a thing on here and a whole bunch of people said the stock would work out great. Went out and got all the fish... they didnt even last six months. It was horrible. These guys and this random mix is doing way better already hahaha. So I am moving my convicts all into the 29g with lots of plants and clay pots. Thats the only thing i can do. I can then rehome the yellow dude and then is my stock okay?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is the 29g for them

Attachments

• 1425411141072.jpg
    1425411141072.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 79
At the store we had young Convicts in a 20g.

2 would pair up and spawn at one end. They would drive all the others into a corner. They'll breed very young. This was in a bare sales tank. We'd give them a plastic plant to offer them a bit of a screen... But we had to take the fry out constantly in order to keep the others alive.

The dominant pair will kill off the others in a 29g.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, once they pair i will probably get rid of the others

Or i have a tank to put the babies so the aggression stops after they are born

Or i have a tank to put the babies so the aggression stops after they are born

Convicts breed every few weeks. They're also extremely prolific and most lfs won't even take them as donations because they're so over abundant

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hahaha i will not be using them as feeders. So with my current stock without convicts in it... the only thing that isnt a peacock is two yellow labs and a kenyi. Rehome all three?

I repeat, Do not put those convicts in the 29 gallon. Its too small. It will amount to torture leading to slow death. Bad idea.
Also don't just leave them all together. Basically you need to choose between keeping the convicts or keeping everything else. I don't think your taking these valuable inputs (<the valuable input of others, not myself) seriously.

To summarize, no convicts together in the 29. For the more informed here's a question, could the number of convicts this person owns be the sole inhabitants of the 55 or is that still a time bomb?
One last question, what is the total number of fish in this tank and what do you believe their species to be because I'm seeing a lot of fish here. More than 12?

Also do u intend to breed the convicts? Given your current dilemma I would advise against it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha well i got ride of all my guppies so i would have a tank for the convicts. I hear them all saying a 29 is to small but when they pair i could keep just them in there... if not i can rehome them all. I am trying to do the right thing here. I want to keep my peacocks. My current stock in my 55g is:
Strawberry peacock
Stuart peacock
3 Sunshine peacock
3 un knowns but think they are peacock?
2Electric yellow
Kenyi

Oo question! Can i keep my favourite convict in there? Just one that way it wont pair? Or are they still aggressive and cant be mixed?

IMO I would possibly test one convict and see (with the knowledge it may not work), however if everyone else disagrees entirely then listen to them.
The kenyi will definitely have to go. They're highly aggressive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok, just my opinion: title of the thread is how will these fish do? It's been a rather unanimous 'not well'.

In the future I would suggest doing research ahead of time and knowing the names of the fish you're keeping.

Good luck :)

Can you tell me if the unknowns are peacocks?

That is the big guy. Before he got best up and after.

Attachments

• 1425423156026.jpg
    1425423156026.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 1425423181721.jpg
    1425423181721.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 1425423208859.jpg
    1425423208859.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 64
The two unknown babies