How will these fish do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, just my opinion: title of the thread is how will these fish do? It's been a rather unanimous 'not well'.

In the future I would suggest doing research ahead of time and knowing the names of the fish you're keeping.

Good luck :)

I do know most of the names. This person i said i needed fish and she came over and brought random ones. There for i dont know the names of them. Like i said before I did do research first time around and it didnt turn out well even though others said it would be awesome. Never always works. Depends on the fish personality

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Especially if these are not for sure pure bred id becomes more difficult. I would say the one large and two small look like peacocks but past that... the shape is also a little off on the smaller ones but it may be perspective.

What is the total fish count? Also what's the blue one in the pic?

Those yellow labs sure look a lot like red zebras...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The cobalt is from a few months ago. Use to be in my old stock. The total count right now is 11 . The yellow ish browny is the sunshine peacock in the picture. I have the kenyi and labs on Craig's list currently!

These pictures are horrible but i tried to get more of the babies

Attachments

• 1425424110603.jpg
    1425424110603.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 1425424158754.jpg
    1425424158754.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 58
  • 1425424184279.jpg
    1425424184279.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 57
Much better pic of the lab. No zebra there lol.

Hahaha nope, i use to have ob zebra in my old stock

Maybe a more educated member can come by and help you on the ID, I believe they're peacocks but that's as much as I can say, and I could be wrong.
Best of luck. Also most pet stores will adopt the fish if you have trouble finding anyone that will take them.

My lfs dont take fish :( it really sucks

I found a lfs to take both labs and the kenyi :) its now just all peacocks in there and the two unknown babies i think are peacocks

I have to ask... where are the convicts?

Hahah they are all in the 29g currently while they wait for someone one Craig's list to want them all for free

So now my new question... can i add more peacocks or is my tank full? The stock once again is: all peacock!
1 strawberry
1 big unknown
1 Stuart
3 sunshine
2 unknown babies
I do have two peacocks on back order for a fourth week. I can go get a refund or still wait for a peacock to be on the fish list. Is 8 peacocks in a 55g fully stocked?

So now my new question... can i add more peacocks or is my tank full? The stock once again is: all peacock!
1 strawberry
1 big unknown
1 Stuart
3 sunshine
2 unknown babies
I do have two peacocks on back order for a fourth week. I can go get a refund or still wait for a peacock to be on the fish list. Is 8 peacocks in a 55g fully stocked?

No. I could say around 12 ish. With a good bit of rocks and fake plants. And good swimming room. And filtration and water changes. This will do just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You keep asking the same questions but don't seem to want to listen to the responses. Really at this point just do whatever you want.

You keep asking the same questions but don't seem to want to listen to the responses. Really at this point just do whatever you want.

This is my feelings exactly. Answer have been given many times, but keep getting ignored....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If it is just the 8 peacocks then tank space wise you could probably hold a few more provided you have adequate filtration and keep up water changes.

If it is just the 8 peacocks then tank space wise you could probably hold a few more provided you have adequate filtration and keep up water changes.

Okay thank you :) i think I will stick with 8 for now then. I do have two 75g hob filters. Maybe once they get bigger and have all settled.

For the other two of you.. [Moderator Edit] i dont think i am asking the same questions and if i am, i just want to be sure. I am trying to do things right. Everyone has an opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the other two of you.. [Moderator Edit] i dont think i am asking the same questions and if i am, i just want to be sure. I am trying to do things right. Everyone has an opinion.

I just want to chime in here and say they don't really mean to be hateful but these threads happen all too often and sometimes people just get tired of the same old list of all different cichlids and the old "oh they're doing good though". You seem to have taken the advice and I applaud you for that (y) but most people don't and I jut believe the others are just getting a little testy. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread had needed a variety of edits. Please stay on topic. "Be courteous"

If you cannot be nice do not respond here. Each person is entitled to their opinions, but not if rude or demeaning.

Back
Top Bottom