Huge emergency! New Setup Overstocked and not Cycled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mm, I have the exact kit as you almost got for sale at my local Petco. I'm short and its waaaay too tall.. gotta stick my whole arm into it to reach the bottom. I certainly perfer longer tanks to tall. But thats good you didn't get it because not much plants can grow under an LED light, which I'm sure that's what you almost got.

For my plants.. I have a plant light from Petco which has bought out their beautiful color! But they aren't exactly growing.. I hear co2 is good to use but some people don't like to put chemicals in their tank; so I'm debating on what I should do because plants will grow wonderfully with co2. I suppose you just gotta know what you're doing so you don't harm your fish with it.
Ive checked into that! I found this on Ebay, eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices But Im sure you have to buy co2 to make it work :)

I would love to have a beautifully planted tank but my husband bought a Blue Lobster and he has uprooted all the fake plants so im not too sure how real plants will go over with him!

That does sound like it may not go well.. have another place to set your lobster? :p Or maybe weight down the plants more somehow.

That does sound like it may not go well.. have another place to set your lobster? :p Or maybe weight down the plants more somehow.
Well I thought about keeping the 20 gallon but when I went over it with my husband he said we should probably sell it since we are way, WAY over budget with getting the big tank. I am worried that eventually he may get a fish but as of now he just hides in his den. He moves rocks in there and even pulls a plant up to the door when he is done! To me its like a do not disturb sign lol, he is soooo funny! The Pleco goes right in the den with him and he doesnt bother him a bit. I do have a Kenyi who has the worst attitude ever so he is my biggest problem. I moved them all to the 55 gallon this morning due to the heater shattering in the 20g and he isnt as aggressive. I havent put his house in there yet either so that may have something to do with it?

And with Cichlids, I assume, the more space they have the less aggression you'll get due to what they're able to have as territory. Aggressive fish need some place to call "home."

And with Cichlids, I assume, the more space they have the less aggression you'll get due to what they're able to have as territory. Aggressive fish need some place to call "home."
He was the only fish to claim a house in the whole tank, we have some cichlid stones and none of the fish are interested... well the lobster took over the big one!

I know this is a fish site and all, but he is semi aquatic, doenst that count? Lol! This dude is crackin me up! He seen me comin in to do his water change and did this lol Please excuse the cricket pieces, he just had lunch :)

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 57
And yet another question! So I picked up this other heater, just in case the one I have breaks like the other. The one I have now didnt say whether it is submersible or not so I have the dial sticking out of the water just in case. This new one IS submersible so Im tempted to switch it out. It also has a temp gauge to set at exact temperature where as the one I have now dont and was a super huge guessing game to get the temp correct... so good idea? or no?

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 59
Thank you! Spoiled rotten too. I have many animals, I just love them! Fish are by far the hardest ones yet! I have the 2 Staffies, a very small painted turtle, a lionhead bunny, a guinea pig, a betta and sea monkeys. My betta is about 3 years old and a very tough old man! I almost thought of using him to cycle but I didnt think that the fish would last in the 20 gallon till that was complete, and now that the heater is toast thats not even an option.

My husband was just saying yesterday that he wished my fish were as easy to care for as our dogs and cats!! :rolleyes: :lol:

Beautiful doggies, btw. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom