Hybrid cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO they should be culled or used as feeder by you, ideally they should not leave your tanks. Unless you have to sell or give them away for the the soul purpose of being feeders. in which case they should be sold/give to someone who will let you watch them being used as feeders. That way there is 0% possibility that they are resold and distributed through out the hobby as a pure strain.

IMO they should be culled or used as feeder by you, ideally they should not leave your tanks. Unless you have to sell or give them away, in which case they should be sold/give to someone who will let you watch them being used as feeders. That way there is 0% possibility that they are resold and distributed through out the hobby as a pure strain.

Gotcha. What if its someone I know? I have no possible way to use them as a feeder, all my fish are around their size. Someone on another forum said that it wasnt a good idea to sell the fish and said that as a favor for me, they would gladly take them and use them as feeders.

I you are not selling them its fine to keep them yourself, I had a female Taiwan reef mate with a sunshine peacock and I feed all but three to my large fish but kept a few just to see what they will look like.

I'd say from now on, don't pull hybrid babies from the main tank. Nature will tank it's course and it'll be rare for any of the fry to survive in an African Mbuna setup

I'd say from now on, don't pull hybrid babies from the main tank. Nature will tank it's course and it'll be rare for any of the fry to survive in an African Mbuna setup

Yup i completely understand, definitely will do that now. Sold all my adult mbuna now anyways. Just a few victorian fry in the main tank. Hybrids in my 20 and 30 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom