i am a new member. This is my saltfish tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

veronjimmy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thanks & please comment! 8O

Attachments

• dscn4888.jpg
    dscn4888.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 135
  • dscn4888.jpg
    dscn4888.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 214
great looking fish but you look a little thin on substrate. In my personal opnion i think a nice crushed coral or sand bed looks beautiful in a fish only tank.

Welcome to AA!!

As an advisor I must advise you that your tank, if this is the 30g that is in your profile is way overstocked...

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you will probably loose alot of your fish if you do not upgrade or get rid of some of those fish.

I count 9 fish just in the pic.

In a 30g tank you sould not keep any tangs, or angels at all.

Sorry for this info on your very first post, but I thought you should know.

How long has the tank been set up?

Yeah, what sized tank and how old? Hopefully me and Rev got something wrong, or our assumptions are incorrect. How's you nitrate and ammonia levels?

Welcome to AA :smilecolros: ......., but since I got the formality out of the way, I'll join in and hope you're not headed for a disaster. We love to see new aquarists do things so that they are not turned off by easily preventable disasters (as opposed to the un-preventable types :roll: ).

Thank you for your comment!
This tank is my first saltfish tank that set up on August 04.
I also like thick sand bed because it looks natural sea environment. But the thick sand bed is very difficult to keep clean. You can see my attached photo is showing my previous tank.
I also want to change to large tank for our fish. But it is need a lot of area and money. My dream tank size is 48"x20"x24"H.

THanks

Attachments

• dscn4450.jpg
    dscn4450.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 144
Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
I must agree with the others. Way too many fish for a 30gal tank and your fish selection for said tank is way inapprpriate. Please rethink your stocking list...you ARE heading for trouble. Sorry to sound so negative but there is really no way to candy coat things. How long has the tank been runing?

This is one of the biggest disappointments in this hobby...you can't have everything you want :cry: . For the time being, make sure you have a good skimmer at the very least! This is a big bio load for a 30 GAL. Good luck to you.

Mike

30 gal. is way too small. Listed below are your fishes maximum sizes.

Lawnmower Blenny- 4''
Imperator Angel- 16''
Skunk Clownfish?- 3''
Ocellaris Clown- 3''
Hippo Tang- 12''
Yellow Tang- 8''
Cardinalfish- 3''
Firefish- 3''

Hi, i have a one skimmer for my tank. And then i think that this situation can keep health of my fish because they are not any disease. But i will change to larger tank for them when i have enough money.
Thank you for your comment again!
:oops:

Hello, our tank has been running for 9 months. In Hk, people are very like a lot of fish in the tank. They think this is "momentum"!
At this time, i will not add any fish in the tank.

It is my filtration system for my tank

Attachments

• _______2_1.jpg
    _______2_1.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 67
Those fish would fill up a 200 gallon! Return the 2 tangs and the angel please, they will not last very long in there. This is very reckless and short-sighted.

it's good that you won't be adding any more fish. there's been some good advice given already, keep us updated

It wouldn't be a bad idea to thin out your tank's stock. Eventually, one fish is going to get sick and die, and you'll notice many fish becoming sick. I've seen many new people overstock their tank, have their fish die, then get out of the hobby completely. There will be alot of money/heartache saved if you bring your population down to a reasonable number.

Back
Top Bottom