I.Give.Up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found ammonia at the dollar tree.
I have also ordered it from Dr Tim's website. If you get it from there you will have a small bottle but it is concetrated to 2ppm per drop so it is easy to dose accurately. Hope this helps:cool:

I have a 20g as well, and I used 2 dead glofish from the LFS and just let them disintegrate into nothing. After it was cycled, I would 'feed my insivible fish' for about a week (just to be safe) and my levels were constantly at 0-0-0 nomatter what I did. I added a few fish, 0-0-0, added a few more, 0-0-0... And so on and so forth. My tank is well-stocked now and I never have even a hint of anything... Nomatter what I do. You'd think I'd be happy, but tbh, I want to see my test water turn pretty colors, lol. Yellow and blue get boring after a while.

One HUGE thing that made all the difference in the world for me is LIVE PLANTS! I like apognetons because they are hardy and fast-growing. They suck up ammonia and give off oxygen just like terrestrial plants, not to mention looking awesome and providing stimuli.

Good luck with your tank, I hope it works out as well as it did for me. :)

For anyone else reading this looking for a source of ammonia, I've heard that the Piggly Wiggly store brand is also suitable.

Back
Top Bottom