I Got Permission to Get Another Tank! What Do I Do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My brother used to have one. They are cool fish! U can buy them at petsmart

Ok I will tell yall when I post the build thread. IN the meantime what should I get to live with this guy?

GodFan said:
Ok I will tell yall when I post the build thread. IN the meantime what should I get to live with this guy?

Pleco large tetras

No tetras he will eat them! Fish must be as big as him! And make sure you have plenty of either live or fake plants for him to hide in! I would recomend a south african bumblebee catfish I think it would look great with your fish

A bristle nose pleco would also work! They are one of the smallest pleco species

Btw they are smart fish I had one that lived with pirranhas for 1 year and it never got eaten. Also it would eat goldfish when we gave them to our pirranhas. It is kind of like having a mini oscar! :)

Don't get a common pleco tho because they are so awesome and the will outgrow your tank but you will like him so much u won't have the heart to re home him or atleast that is what has happened to me :/ lol and yeah large tetras

Ok well here it is. It is gonna be most likely a 26 gallon bowfront. So I need fish big enough to be safe from him but small enough to be happy in this tank.
I was thinking: 2 of the leaf fish, 3 South American Bumble Bee Cats, and a school of....... something cool but not so cool as to take over the tank.....

I thought about that because they are cool but I am a little scared about them with the leaf fish. He is gonna be like 3 -3.5 inches...... Maybe the big belly on the hatchet will stop him from swallowing them?

So far I think it will look great! I love the 2 fish kinds of fish you have chosen! Maybe some angel fish I think they'd do well with the fish your getting perfect size too

The leaf fish are capable of eating small goldfish. The hatchet fish might work? How big do they get

I think angels need a bigger tank dont they? Im only doing a 26 gallon. I love angels though! I would like to see how timid the leaf fish are too.

Hmmm.... What about Red Eye Tetras or turquoise Danios, or Penguin Tetras?

Yeah I guess once you get setup put a few in and if they dont get eaten you could add more. But you should get a bristle nose pleco!

Yea I probably will. I like the bristlenoses. I may try and get the opposite gnder as my moms so we can breed them too :)
Ok so lets say we have a shaky stocking plan: 2 African Leaf Fish, 3 South American Bumble Bee Catfish, 1 Bristlenose Pleco, and 1 school of one of the above mentioned and possibly a school of hatchets.
Now on to decor, plants, and equipment. I have the filter covered but I would like to know what yall think light wise? I want something with moolights but also want some low light plants.
Decor and plants I am thinking like a sunken ship from petsmart with a bunch of rocks and a piece of driftwood with plants attached to both. Java Ferns, anubias, and some kind of moss I think.

I think it sounds great! :) Make sure you have alot of plants for your leaf fish though!

GodFan said:
Yea I probably will. I like the bristlenoses. I may try and get the opposite gnder as my moms so we can breed them too :)
Ok so lets say we have a shaky stocking plan: 2 African Leaf Fish, 3 South American Bumble Bee Catfish, 1 Bristlenose Pleco, and 1 school of one of the above mentioned and possibly a school of hatchets.
Now on to decor, plants, and equipment. I have the filter covered but I would like to know what yall think light wise? I want something with moolights but also want some low light plants.
Decor and plants I am thinking like a sunken ship from petsmart with a bunch of rocks and a piece of driftwood with plants attached to both. Java Ferns, anubias, and some kind of moss I think.

I have Anubias and java moss. I love them. The moss will add to the sunken ship feeling. It's dark green and "mysterious".

Not sure if they can coexist with your stock, but a zebra nerite snail would look lovely in your tank! :). (I love them in mine. I have 3 so far!)

Back
Top Bottom