I need a new filter, any recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryorgason

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Millennium 3000 filter seems to have been broken in our recent move, so it's time for a new one. I have a 30 gal tank and will be putting in a sand substrate with fake plants. For sure I will have cories and a betta, but I'm not sure what else. What are some good reasonably priced filter options for me?

I switched from my Millennium to an Aqua Clear for my 30gal, It is quiter and easy to mix a match filter media as needed.

I would go with an Aquaclear 50 filter. I have one on my 29g and it does an excellent job of keeping the water clean. An Aquaclear 70 would give you even more filtration, but with a betta in the tank, I'd stick with the 50. Its not too much flow for a betta (I have one in my 29g) so it would be perfect for your tank.

I have a Marineland Penguin 200 on my tank. Outstanding filter- the bio-wheel is a purebred ammonia killer! Plus, they're so easy to maintain and best of all, they are made and designed in America!

I have an aquaclear on one tank and a marineland emperor on another and I like both... i lean a little towards the emperor, but both are great!

I always recommend Eheim. You pay more, but you gain so much in terms of reliability and longevity. You can get some great bargains second hand on Ebay too.

Back
Top Bottom