I need serious stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all,

So I cannot decide what to put in my 34 gal tank. And was wondering what would YOU put into it. Please help I need to figure out what I want and do lots of research

Without wax, Jason

Well considering that you asked what I would do... I would have a heavily planted massive shrimp tank. Nothing but shrimp, lots of them.

RedFlame said:
Well considering that you asked what I would do... I would have a heavily planted massive shrimp tank. Nothing but shrimp, lots of them.

Lol really?

Id do a nice community
7 rummynose tetras
1 angelfish
2 german blue rams
5-8 kuhil loaches
1 albino BN pleco.......:)

No reef? Okay

How bout:

Intense planted tank
17 neon tetras
3 dwarf gourmis
2 albino bn plecos

Hahah idk sounds cool tho

Jason7894561230 said:
The gouramis would fight but I like the intense planted idea. I should also say I am not gettung neons

Nope dwarf gourmis wouldnt fight

I would suggest a pair of Pearl gouramis, they are pretty, have HUGE personalities.. and are so peaceful in a medium/ heavy planted tanks! :)

rreekers said:
I would suggest a pair of Pearl gouramis, they are pretty, have HUGE personalities.. and are so peaceful in a medium/ heavy planted tanks! :)

Ya i think they are peaceful as well. And they dont get as big as most gourmis IMO

Jason7894561230 said:
Hmmm I guess we might have split opinions on that but oh well haha I was thinking of doing school of thread fin rainbow fish and something else

I would suggest to you a trio of Gertrude Rainbows, small, peaceful, small and beautiful.
Give them a try.

Pearl Gouramis is awesome when they grow out. But try very hard not to get 2 males. I had to take one back because the 2 did not stop niping and chasing. Its a pitty because I think a school of PG's can only be beautiful in a planted.

I'll look into the Gertrude rainbows thanks! I guess I should say my stocking list now and have constructive criticism on that

12 thread fin rainbows
8 corys (open to suggestions of what kind)
2 rams or apisto or key hole cichlids or kribensis. Or another kind of dwarf Cichlid

Without wax, Jason

Do a school of Praecox Rainbow fish! 1:3 male to female ratio. They look gorgeous when sparkling under the light and have pretty cool personalities and school pretty tightly most of the time.

Do a school of Praecox Rainbow fish! 1:3 male to female ratio. They look gorgeous when sparkling under the light and have pretty cool personalities and school pretty tightly most of the time.

-i just want to say, these look unique, i have never seen them (until i looked them up now). i think that they would be a nice addition to the OPers tank :)

Back
Top Bottom