I need your honest input.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pondmom

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a 125gal tank with 9 angels, 4 gourami's, 2 catfish, and a pleco.(3")
I'm wondering if I should add my 6 jumbo danio's and 2 small zebra danio's to this 125gal tank(and a 5" pleco)
I've fot the 2 fluval 404's and I do weekly water changes.
Would they all get along?
Please help me decide what to do.

In my very inexperienced opinion the only one I would be concerned about would be the angels and the zebra danio's. Since the angels are cichlids and the danio's are small the angels may see them as a tasty treat.

Wh would you get just two small Zebras? They are schooling fish, they like to be in a group...

That's a fine combination. Angels will never catch a healthy zebra dannio, too fast and active. I have them together, no problems. 3 angels, 6 or 7 zebras. Angels pay no attention to them.

What kind of catrfish? Corys would be no problem, but some other kinds of catfish can be predatory. I still don't think anything is going to catch a dannio unless the dannio is asleep or unhealthy.

go for it, Pondmom!

grim,

At one time(1 1/2 years ago) I had 6 zebra danio's. Now I have 2. I didn't feel the need to replace the other 4. The 2 are happy as they are.
My 6 "jumbo's" have been around for about a year.

I know one of the catfish is a pictus catfish. The other...still not sure.
Thanks again for your honest input :wink:

Oh and Allivymar has neons in with her Angels. No problems that I've heard of. And neons aren't fast like danios...

I have 4 small zebra danios and they have all done very well in our tank and there very active! i personally love them! :D the only problem is that one died. but I think because of an earlyer death of another fish! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom