I shake my head.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

puffergirl

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I was in a Petland store today just crusin through the fish section when I came upon one tank that had really cute green spotted puffers in it. Instead of calling them GSP the store had them labeled as FRESWATER PUFFERS!!! The store was sooo crazy busy that it was impossible to find someone who actually worked there and my boyfriend drug me out the store and told me to just leave it. I'm soo mad at myself, I feel like calling the store and telling them to fix their mistake before someone takes one of those guys home and slowly kills him thinking they are trully fresh water fish. They did at least also have written on the tank that "these fish eat other fish" not exactley true they nip fins and are aggressive but don't actually feed on other fish.

Yes I'm aware there is such a thing as freshwater puffers South American puffer of which I have two in my 30gal tank. These guys I saw at Petland were not SA puffers, they were GSP.

Sorry, posted too fast.

The first pic is of Pudgy one of my SA puffers and the second is of a GSP the same they had in Petland marked as freshwater. They can tolerate freshwater for awhile but as they become older they need brackish and eventually full saltwater conditions.

How bout you call and fix the problem or go back and complain? Seems like a pretty simple solution to me.

Back
Top Bottom