I think I found the best stuff...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwatergal

Aquarium Advice Freak
Recently I took on a project to divide a ten gallon tank into three seperate spaces for bettas. I used plexi-glass first, but didn't cut the pieces right so I had to start over. Then someone on another forum suggested plastic canvas that you can find in the craft section of your local department store. I went out today and bought some. Not only was it really easy to work with, but it was really inexpensive. Only $.33 a piece!! They had it in many different colors, but I chose black because it went with the black trim on my tank and the black gravel I have. I will post some pic when I get a chance. Just wanted to get this out there in case someone else wanted to do the same thing.

Tiff :wink:

How did you secure the plastic netting to the tank? It's a great idea... Definitely want to see some pictures!

I just used little dots of aquarium sealent. I didn't put it down the whole side because it is rather a snug fit, and I don't think the lil buggers will be able to fit through. Besides I will put some plants there so they cant get through anyway.

I have also heard you can use the plastic strips used for report binders to put the craft canvas in place. Just silicon them to the glass then you can pull the dividers out when breeding the fish and put them back when done. That plastic craft canvas is a great item for fishkeepers. All petstores should stock it. It also works to fill in the back part of your hood where you have cut out for old filters you no longer use. You can use it to fill in holes in ornaments if you have fish that swim in and get stuck.

I use it also. Its great! Instead of using silicone to hold it together I make litle 'boxes' that are tied together with plastic string, then I cut little holes in the back and put little suction cups. That way I can move it to whatever tank I want.

ashley

I use it also. Its great! Instead of using silicone to hold it together I make litle 'boxes' that are tied together with plastic string, then I cut little holes in the back and put little suction cups. That way I can move it to whatever tank I want.

ashley

I did the plastic binder repot cover thing and it worked like a charm. I plan on going out today and buying two nice looking males to fill out the tank.

I also came across a 10 gal that someone was selling, so maybe I will have two betta tanks!! That would be cool. I saw something on ebay that looked cool, but I didnt like the way it was set up. You wouldn't be able to see the betta's in the back very well.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Back
Top Bottom