I think i killed my DAF :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can't seem to find it anywhere in the tank nor have i seen it go up for air in a while. Last night i remember seeing a bug on the carpet and killing it, now i am just freaked out that it was the DAF after an escape plan was executed. I remember the bug being black, shiny, almost cricket like (pointy legs), but honestly the alcohol.. well you get the picture.

I have two openings in my eclipse hood and they are tiny, 1.5" max they arent on the top more on the side. Nothing has found its way out of the tank yet, part of me hopes the DAF is hiding somewhere in the tank where i can't see and grabbing air while im not looking. It was eating well, i was spot feeding it bloodworms.

Whats a waterproof tape that i can use to seal up those holes? I always worried about my shrimp doing this but now they are both far too large to fit..

Hope he is still in the tank.. even more so i hope that really was a bug i killed... (i didnt look after i killed, i hate bugs enough let alone to look again).

-Pleco

Lift up everything, the frogs aren't too smart and they drown themselves with ease. I had one that burrowed into the gravel and couldn't get back up.

I'm so sorry. I killed a frog once accidentally by putting him in a tank that was too deep. I felt terrible about it for weeks.

I hope you find him.

Hope you found your froggie. They can be excellent at hiding....I thought I lost one for a week and then suddenly she crawled out from under a rock. I have since removed some of the decor so I can keep better tabs on them....now I am setting up a tank for them all by themselves. :)

Back
Top Bottom