I was wondering if I could increase the number of fish in my 26 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteveFishman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Howdy,
I was wondering if I could increase the number of fish in my 26 gallon tank. Right now the tank is stocked with a clown fish, orchid dottyback, and a yellowtailed blue damsel (which I am looking to get rid of or place in my newly added sump). The dottyback and the clown seem to get along nicely but the damsel is picking on the clown. The clown is currently hosting a 8-10 head frogspawn and the dottyback has made his home/den under a large 150-200 head polyp colony. The damsel is a free ranger who stays near the top of the tank. I would like to know I could add anymore fish. For CUC I have 3 turbo snails, 2 Cortez hermits and 2-3 narsessis snails (bad spelling). I know i need to bulk up my CUC....For the fish I was thinking of a small goby or a maybe a bleny of some sort.... Any replies welcome.....
Thanks Steve

dotties can get aggresive also, and a new comer in their home might set them off, but it might not it all depends in the fish itself.

the sump would *** some volume to the sysytem and allow for more fish to be placed in it but remember its not just the total volume a fish needs swiming room too if its a mover, if its a perching fish or a bottom dwelling goby it would probably be fine

Back
Top Bottom