Ian086's 29g Planted Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More........

Attachments

• DSCF0745.jpg
    DSCF0745.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCF0749.jpg
    DSCF0749.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF0758.jpg
    DSCF0758.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF0761.jpg
    DSCF0761.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 79
More.....

Attachments

• DSCF0763.jpg
    DSCF0763.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF0770.jpg
    DSCF0770.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCF0785.jpg
    DSCF0785.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 80
  • DSCF0766.jpg
    DSCF0766.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 93
Tank looks awesome Ian !!
Thanks Ndefil, I certainly wouldn't say awesome but it's heading in the right direction anyway. I went to get plants today and the selection and quality of the stock they had was terrible. You couldn't give them away free....lol. I really wanted something to fill the area behind the wall. I saw the fish and thought, why not!!
They only had two sepras in stock, so that's why I only got 2. They didn't have anything else on my list.

Which ludwigia do you have? Have you seen any improvement in growth or pearling since youve upoed it?
It's called Ludwigia Super Red, it's not from tropica, it's from www.aquaplant.eu. No pearling at all but this plant is sprouting new bud all over the stems, from root to tip. It's growing really fast and I notice it is a bit redder at the top.....

Closer to the light source i guess, higher PAR values. I will give my reprns rubin longer and then think of changing it

Looks really good Ian, you've done a good job with it! You can always re scape mine if you want Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Closer to the light source i guess, higher PAR values. I will give my reprns rubin longer and then think of changing it
Yeah I was thinking it could be because it's closer to the light, a bit too early to judge whether it's the increase(10%) in power of the light??

Looks great ian, my Ludwiga is definitely getting better, redder growth the higher it creeps to the finnex p+, it started out a 2", just a mere sprout, now it's at least 10 and the red is starting to show through the top of the leaves while the under side is a very dark red almost purple... fun stuff huh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks really good Ian, you've done a good job with it! You can always re scape mine if you want Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Thanks Lesley. It's far from finished but it's what I had in my head. I usually struggle getting ideas from my head to my hands but so far so good. I hope that doesn't sound vain. It's far from a tank of the month but I guess it's what make ourselves happy. I have another four or five plants to add to it still. It's my first proper planted tank, so onwards and upwards. I don't think I could scape as good as you or certainly any better...lol.
I have to give some(most!)of the credit of the scape to Old Scales. We did it over one of our many Skype chats. Cool to have him in the room with me, virtually, pointing and barking his orders at me...haha

Looks great ian, my Ludwiga is definitely getting better, redder growth the higher it creeps to the finnex p+, it started out a 2", just a mere sprout, now it's at least 10 and the red is starting to show through the top of the leaves while the under side is a very dark red almost purple... fun stuff huh?

Cheers Brook. It really is a beautiful plant. I love the different colours it offers. I don't know whether to let it get much taller or should I trim it now and replant the trimmings. Fill it out a bit more???

That's basically what I did. Planted a trimming off a decimated plant.. it filled out beautifully, I'll probably let it grow another few inches, half it and replant..m

Cheers Brook. It really is a beautiful plant. I love the different colours it offers. I don't know whether to let it get much taller or should I trim it now and replant the trimmings. Fill it out a bit more???

Trim and replant. My ludwigia always looks short but its looking much bushier

Hey guys/gals. Just back from holidays last night. Looked over the tank, which is in pretty good shape for 2wks away. No ferts, only glut added during that time. I didn't trust the house/dog minder to add ferts, I was right, the house was bad enough. Anyway, here's a very quick video of some critters I found in the corner of the tank. They are just in one corner of the tank. They are not much more than the size of a pinhead. Any ideas??.
Camera battery just died. I charge it for a bit and get another video/pictures and a full tank shot.....

Here's a few pics of the tank. It needs some maintance and trimming but it's not too bad for 2 weeks away. Any suggestions on how to get the bonsai and ludwigia to grow straighter??.

Attachments

• DSCF1105.jpg
    DSCF1105.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF1113.jpg
    DSCF1113.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCF1119.jpg
    DSCF1119.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF1124.jpg
    DSCF1124.jpg