Ibrahim's 150g FOWLR Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jlsardina said:
As far as the eel vs engineer... I love my engineers! One is about 8 inches long and the other is about 7. They are constantly digging up my sand to make new caves and I love the way it makes the sand bed look. As you might tell- I'm not a fan of flat sand beds. Peaks and valleys look more natural.

Same here! I like wavy sand but not the cloudy part :( that's why I'm trying to decide...... Do they come out alot?

Jlsardina said:
Glad to hear it worked! I'm waiting for brightwell's xport no3 to come in stock so I can give it a try on a tank I've been cycling. You give me hope! Lol

It's for reactors right? I might give it a try as well as I can't imagine how hard it'd be to clean algae off of all the decor :( I want 0 trates and 0 phosphates.

Ibrahim said:
Same here! I like wavy sand but not the cloudy part :( that's why I'm trying to decide...... Do they come out alot?

My water is never cloudy at all. They come out every feeding and I see their entire body. Other times you just see the first few inches of them pop out of the rocks.

Also if you don't mind me asking, where do you get your livestock wholesale? I found a site where the minimum order is $500 but for 1st time buyers you get $100 free credit. But I need a business license, so I'm thinking of getting one.

Ibrahim said:
Also if you don't mind me asking, where do you get your livestock wholesale? I found a site where the minimum order is $500 but for 1st time buyers you get $100 free credit. But I need a business license, so I'm thinking of getting one.

I am in SW Florida. However, the closest wholesalers are on the Miami coast. There's no minimum order for pickup. Delivery is a different story though. If you want the company names I'll pm you them

Also, some wholesalers require more than a business license depending on the state. You might want to call to find out the requirements and application process

Jlsardina said:
I am in SW Florida. However, the closest wholesalers are on the Miami coast. There's no minimum order for pickup. Delivery is a different story though. If you want the company names I'll pm you them

Thanks it'd be great if you could give me the names.

Jlsardina said:
Also, some wholesalers require more than a business license depending on the state. You might want to call to find out the requirements and application process

The place I've got my eye on now only requires a business license to sign up with them so Ive got about 400 from my sold 75g left over. I'm thinking I can just order all my coral for the 25g and fish for 150g there.

You'll have to order a box, which can be up to 20 bags of corals and/or fish. I would not suggest you adding your entire livestock list all at once.

mr_X said:
You'll have to order a box, which can be up to 20 bags of corals and/or fish. I would not suggest you adding your entire livestock list all at once.

+1. Don't add too much at once. It all depends on the wholesaler though.

mr_X said:

Crap forgot about fish..... I guess I'll have to find a cheaper wholesaler

Lol I just remembered my father is the owner of a few stores. I can just get him to sign up

mr_X said:
What kind of stores? he's probably got his own accounts already.

He's got 3 convenient stores. I asked him if he has a license and he said he does.

Oh. They aren't going to accept that as far as I know. You need a business license that pertains to something pet or aquatic related.

mr_X said:
Oh. They aren't going to accept that as far as I know. You need a business license that pertains to something pet or aquatic related.

Oh..... :( I'll just get him to get one if that's the case

Dang, nice looking tank. The rock work and fake coral setup is pretty stunning, too!

I use the instant ocean nitrate reducer too. Great stuff!

Following along.

scottayy said:
Dang, nice looking tank. The rock work and fake coral setup is pretty stunning, too!

I use the instant ocean nitrate reducer too. Great stuff!

Following along.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom