ID Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid_tank619

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I want to know the male of this fish. A guy on Craigslist is sell it as "snowflake" cichlid and I googled it with no result. I also want to know the Origen.. I my get it if compatible with my fish.

Attachments

• image-3219463983.jpg
    image-3219463983.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 651
Star saphire Cichlid google for the Latin name.

I really want one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phenos are very mild mannered and are bettered suited to a species only tank. I had 8 in a 125 and loved them. I had to sell them off when I moved but I plan to get some more soon!

I have three of them right now, 2 m/1 f. Love them. The biggest is about 4 inches right ow. Love them. Great color, very peaceful. The biggest is slowly starting to get his white " spots".

I have three of them right now, 2 m/1 f. Love them. The biggest is about 4 inches right ow. Love them. Great color, very peaceful. The biggest is slowly starting to get his white " spots".

Yeah my friend ended up getting them for $50/pair. The seller said they are a breeding pair. So hopefully I can get some in the future.

Yeah my friend ended up getting them for $50/pair. The seller said they are a breeding pair. So hopefully I can get some in the future.

If I'm not mistaken they are harem breeders like most other mouthbrooders, so saying they are a breeding pair is a bit of a stretch and a bit of a sales pitch.

Back
Top Bottom