ID Needed please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"The orange kind" that was good ....ok mogueako

With livebearers there are tons of what I would call "mutt" color variations that don't necessarily fit into the established color patterns . So that is why I said it is simply "the orange kind" because it doesn't look like any of color variants I have seen.

I haven't seen mollies that color variety before. Picture isn't too clear but to me looks like a prego or stuffed sword female.

It very well could be a platy tho. I'm not familiar with that color variation either

With livebearers there are tons of what I would call "mutt" color variations that don't necessarily fit into the established color patterns . So that is why I said it is simply "the orange kind" because it doesn't look like any of color variants I have seen.

Ok I was asking "what type if Molly " because I was told there are several types

Just so everyone is on the same page it's not a platy of female sword it's a Molly, if you're still convinced its anything but that you need your eyes examined!

Ok I was asking "what type if Molly " because I was told there are several types

What type is to broad of a term:

If you are asking what color "type/morph/variant" then all we can tell you is it is some sort of orange lyretail Molly, most likely a mix of different color strains. Most commonly labeled as "mixed Mollies" at fish stores.

If you are referring to what species of Molly it is then its likely to be a Poecilia sphenops or possible hybrid. P. sphenops and P. latipinna (sailfin Molly) are the two most common types available at Petco/mart and other LFS.

There are many other wild caught species that are not as common such as Poecilia Velifera which I have.

img_2462126_0_b76daf6d871f5954f29f451fcb1e0cbd.jpg

Just so everyone is on the same page it's not a platy of female sword it's a Molly, if you're still convinced its anything but that you need your eyes examined!

What type is to broad of a term:

If you are asking what color "type/morph/variant" then all we can tell you is it is some sort of orange lyretail Molly, most likely a mix of different color strains. Most commonly labeled as "mixed Mollies" at fish stores.

If you are referring to what species of Molly it is then its likely to be a Poecilia sphenops or possible hybrid. P. sphenops and P. latipinna (sailfin Molly) are the two most common types available at Petco/mart and other LFS.

There are many other wild caught species that are not as common such as Poecilia Velifera which I have.

100% agree on this

Back
Top Bottom