ID Needed please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just so everyone is on the same page it's not a platy of female sword it's a Molly, if you're still convinced its anything but that you need your eyes examined!

What type is to broad of a term:

If you are asking what color "type/morph/variant" then all we can tell you is it is some sort of orange lyretail Molly, most likely a mix of different color strains. Most commonly labeled as "mixed Mollies" at fish stores.

If you are referring to what species of Molly it is then its likely to be a Poecilia sphenops or possible hybrid. P. sphenops and P. latipinna (sailfin Molly) are the two most common types available at Petco/mart and other LFS.

There are many other wild caught species that are not as common such as Poecilia Velifera which I have.

That was great info right there,my daughter likes read on them and study them but I wanted to make sure exactly what it was cuz ,well you know I just didnt want my daughter to think daddy didnt know....

Back
Top Bottom