Id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also if anyone can tell me how big they get and if u can tell me if they reproduce quickly thank u

The first picture looks like apple snails, commonly sold as Mystery Snails. I have one, and he is the cutest snail I've ever seen.

As far as how large, I believe a shell diameter of two inches normally with this type of apple snail. Applesnail.net is a very useful resource for these little guys.

Also, these snails are boys and girls, and need a boy and a girl to reproduce.

top ones look like nerite or mystery, bottom looks like ramshorn. Yes they reproduce... they don't get too big.

Top are apple snails. Max size of an apricot. It takes a male and a female apple snail to reproduce. Egg clutches will be laid above the water line. If you don't want babies, remove the eggs before they hatch. Bottom is some type of ramshorn. Max size of a walnut. It only takes one ramshorn to reproduce. Careful not to overfeed, you may end up with a huge population. They are great cleaners though and don't harm plants.

Oh, also with the apples, their eggs can't be below water, or the baby snails will drown, but they have to be moist enough for them to survive. So if you're interested in breeding, or ever become interested, it is usually the egg clutch in the moistest corner that does the best.

Back
Top Bottom