idea about plastic plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok, for those of you who use plastic plants or have used them, then you know how annoying it is when the little clear platic tray at the bottom of them up roots out of the gravel and the plant either becomes lop sided or floats to the top. especially when siphoning the gravel. Well what do you think about removing the gravel, getting some aquarium sealent and adhearing them to the bottom of the tank's glass. once it's dry the plants wouldn't come up, and you could always remove them by using a razor to cut the dab of silicone. so what do you guys think?

I gave up on those and just buy the ones with the fake rock bottom and bury them in the sand. That way I can move and rearrange as I like to do so often LOL. It would work well if you didn't want to rearrange,but if your tank is already set up it wouldn't work obviously.

I removed your duplicate post from the DIY section. Please do not make duplicate posts.

sorry i didn't know which one it went under lol won't happen agian. i might convert over to the fake rock bottom ones myself, these that have the " cups " aren't that good, also i just realized that aquarium selaent needs time to dry, so my tank would have to be empty lol i'll do it when i get my new tank lol

sounds too permanent, anyway I've never really had a problem with it. I just got rid of all my plastic plants, but when I did have them I just buried them nice and deep and they stayed put.

tropicfishman,

what i do is use "airhose" suction cups...i take those little trays off and stick a suction cup on the stem....seems to work fine for me

I used to use fake plants a long time ago (real plants are so much better) but I always had the problem of the fake plants floating up. The solution I came up with is to use more gravel or sand.

anythingscales said:
I used to use fake plants a long time ago (real plants are so much better) but I always had the problem of the fake plants floating up. The solution I came up with is to use more gravel or sand.

Yup, as long as they are dug way in there only digging fish are going to be a problem.

I keep cichlids with my plants and they dont dig up the plants. The reason is I place my plants near rocks or driftwood, they seem to leave those plants alone, and the plants near nothing always get uprooted.

Rocket2001 said:
tropicfishman,

what i do is use "airhose" suction cups...i take those little trays off and stick a suction cup on the stem....seems to work fine for me

Sounds like a great idea. Could silicone the suction cups on the bottom of the plant base, and stick it to the bottom of the tank, and cover with sand/gravel. I like that idea. Thanks for the info....

Back
Top Bottom