Ideas for Stocking a 37g African Riverine Biotope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diogenes

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am about to have a 37g tank available and I would like do to a west african biotope. I was thinking of doing kribs, or jewels, african one line or congo tetras, possible some upside down cats, and an african butterfly fish for the top of the water column. Also I've recently developed an interest in the senegal bichir, and the Ctenopoma acutirostre and I wouldn't mind incorporating these or any other african riverine fish into the setup. I was also considering changing around the decor in the tank and converting it to a planted tank with some good nutrient rich substrate, but I'm not sure about the kind of plants one would use for a west african biotope (All the fish I've ever kept have been CA/SA). How many of each and what combination of these fish could I keep in 37 gallon aquarium?

I've already read the mongabay entry on west african biotopes and I was really looking to hear from some people who have actually had experience keeping these sorts of fish. Thanks

-C

Back
Top Bottom