Ideas Needed to finish my 90g Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
My 90g has been up and running for several weeks now and I started stocking a month ago. I think i am getting close to being fully stocked (well maybe a little overstocked in the end) so I wanted some ideas for my last few fish. :-D

So far I have:
Kleins Butterfly
Flame Hawk
Yellow Bream
Big Eye Squirrel Fish
Sixline Wrasse
Yellow Wrasse
red Coris Wrasse

I need to save room for a white tailed bristletooth tang, that's a definite must. Just waiting for him to get back into stock at live aquaria.

So I need some cool looking not very aggressive fish. I'd love a blue fish, really would like some blue in the tank. i have yellow and red covered as far as colors. lol

The fish can be NON Reef friendly as I have zero plans of making this a reef tank ever. The fish can even be semi aggressive since these are the last additions.

what do you guys think? Any ideas?

thanks so much everyone for reading and letting me have your input!

I have found some blue fish. :)
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Blue Gudgeon Dartfish

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Pygmy (Cherub) Angelfish

Maybe a group of these would be cool.
Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Neon Blue Goby - Tank-Bred
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Blue Jaw Tilefish
The one above is pretty cool looking!
Here is another interesting one.
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Blue Gudgeon Dartfish, Lyretail

If you type in "blue" on LA, they give you some pretty awesome options. :) Not 100% sure that all of these will not get picked on by a fish like the six line though. Just some ideas to further look into. :)

I like the look of those blue dartfish but I'm worried they are so thin they could jump through the eggcrate I have covering the tank. I've been longing for a purple tilefish,lol, ironic that you picked one. they are supposed to be very hard to get eating which is the reason why i took it off my original stock list.

Should I replace the angel fish does anyone think? Or should i just use that spot for another fish?

AND
I'm in the process of placing another order with reefs2go for a dozen peppermint hsrimp for my 125g so I was thinking of adding on a starfish for this 90g tank. I either wanted a red knobby or a red serpent star. My fish don't eat starfish do they? I know some of them are "with caution" as far as reef tanks and a couple are "no" but no reason why.

Thanks!!

I personally think that you should replace the Angel, unless you come across another fish that you like a lot better. :)

Nope, the pistol is still in the 125g. lol Won't be getting him out til I upgrade that tank. hehe.. No more pistol shrimps for me :)

I made an order with saltwater2go today and ordered 12 peppermint shrimp for the 125g , a purple urchin for this 90g and a red knobby starfish for the 90g as well.

I've never had an urchin before anyone have experience with them? They eat algae I guess but what else? I don't have any algae yet in the tank.

Nope, the pistol is still in the 125g. lol Won't be getting him out til I upgrade that tank. hehe.. No more pistol shrimps for me :)

I made an order with saltwater2go today and ordered 12 peppermint shrimp for the 125g , a purple urchin for this 90g and a red knobby starfish for the 90g as well.

I've never had an urchin before anyone have experience with them? They eat algae I guess but what else? I don't have any algae yet in the tank.

Congrats on the new critters! Remember to post pics when you get them (CUC are important too, lol). I have no clue about the Urchin, but my guess is that he will just eat anything in his path (since they are scavengers). If you are worried you could add a sheet of nori for him too :).

Is spending the lots of money on the fish and shipping worth it? I wanted to order from liveaquaria but scared to w that much money

I had a pencil urchin and they eat anything in their path. including corlline algea. And they eat a lot! At leaat my did. :)

I ordered from reefs2go actually. lol

I only ordered from them because of the peppermint shrimp being bygo free and the shipping is only $20 since we are both in florida. :) I've found the prices to be better for fish online even with the shipping accounted for.

Oh ok I'll have to check out the reefs Togo too then I know I read on liveaquaria it said shipping was $30 something

I've been thinking about what i want in this tank and I think I'd like another angel fish. Not sure which one yet, maybe the bi color one so I have some blue in the tank. I think I want to add a midas blenny as well, I miss the one I had he was a very cool fish. :) Other than the tang and the blenny I'd like to get a couple more smallish fish or even 1 or 2 larger ones. Just don't know what. I want something unusual and not real pricey. The tusk comes to mind but still uncertain if theres room in the tank for that much fish.

Also thinking of moving my b&w clowns from the cube to the 90g. They are not too aggressive and their size would fit in with the other fish for the most part. Any thoughts on that or should I move them to the 60g cube I'm building?

I should be getting my starfish and my urchin tomorrow or the next day, havent gotten a shipping email yet. And while I'm on urchins, how do I move it with all those spikes? And how do they ship it, can't be in a plastic bag or the spines would poke holes in it I'd think.

Enough questions for now, thanks for following. If you guys can post back what you think. :-D

From my work I know they ship urchins on plastics bags. I've never seen any different.

Cool. Guess I'll see soon enough. Called reefs2go about my order that I placed SUNDAY. They aren't shipping it out til THURSDAY which I find unacceptable. Plus I live in Florida where they are located, it's only a couple hours away.

GRRR....

This will be my first urchin and my second starfish. Hopefully this star won't melt away like the last one did.

If you decide to go with the Bicolor make sure you have a healthy specimen that is eating. :) From what I have read, there are many poor quality specimens out there, so be extra careful selecting one. :) The Bicolor is an awesome fish, great idea Rutrag!

Regal angel fish are pretty! I want one... But on liveaquaria they are about 70 or something... It makes me think of flounder from Lil mermaid :)

Just looked up that angel, thats a heck of a needy fish! says it needs 125g tank with lots of rock and it is hard to get them to eat. :-( I have only maybe 120lb of rock in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom