If you could have any fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Penguin

Aquarium Advice Freak
If you could keep any fish in your aquarium whether it be a wild caught fish or from your lfs what would you pick? you only get one fish:fish2::hide:

Um, uh, um, uh lets see.....so far I've only kept 6 species, so I guess I'd go with False Julii Corys

Nils

I would want an Oscar. I think they are just GORGEOUS lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I would want a fish that can do the same tricks as a dolphin...seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

yess that would be amazing the last fish i had that could do tricks was a tiger barb he would swim up to the glass when we walk by and he'd roll over, do a back flip, follow us, and he'd even play dead we thought he was the most entertaining of the pair

For freshwater, probably bleheri rainbowfish (go rainbows!)

For saltwater, definitely Ocellaris clown

For freshwater, probably bleheri rainbowfish (go rainbows!)

For saltwater, definitely Ocellaris clown

Rainbows are nice i wish i would house them in my tank and i would love to have a clownfish but I'm not ready to venture out into saltwater tanks yet

I have every species of rainbow I've seen, other than the bleheri. I'm not paying $32 for a fish lol.

I've always wanted saltwater but my parents won't let me.

Umm maybe a frontosa? I've always wanted angelfish too. Idk really! I have a huge list! But I think frontosa will be on the top

Years ago I knew a guy with a 55 saltwater tank. He went to feed his lionfish a chunk of shrimp and his dragon wrasse took it out of his fingers just as it hit the water. A couple days later he was going to feed his lionfish again and the wrasse looked interested so he kept the shrimp about a half inch out of the water so he could wait for the lionfish and the wrasse stuck his head out of the water and took it again.

It was Game On at that point.

Over the course of a couple weeks he got the dragon wrasse further and further out of the water until it was fully out of the water. It was about a 4-5 inch fish and he said it would take a shrimp about 6 inches above the surface. He said he used to do it every time he had friends over, to their amazement, until one day it ended up jumping out of the tank and landing on the shag carpet. He said the fish was covered in carpet fuzz, but seemed none the worse after a bit, but either it never jumped again or he decided to never let it, can't remember which.

Trygonorhina fasciata

Beautiful but I don't think I could afford to take care of a tank that size.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

For freshwater, either s. lucipinnis, s. Petricola, or s. Multipunctata.

For saltwater, probably an octopus, although I know they are not easy!

For freshwater, either s. lucipinnis, s. Petricola, or s. Multipunctata.

For saltwater, probably an octopus, although I know they are not easy!

i wish o could have an octopus theyre cute

Back
Top Bottom