Im getting really mad now!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
So today I come home to find my naso tang with pop eye or whatever its called (HOW DO U TREAT THIS?!?!?!!) my velvet has spread on my trigger, the tank is cloudy, and my trates are thru the roof. M trates are high because i dont have a rodi unit. Tested in a 20 with snails rock and hermits and it was 40-80. That +fish =REALLY HIGH!!!!! Where can i get one cheap?? i looked on marine depot and they were 200+!!! I turned my skimmer on and stopped treating because of the water quality. Better to lose 1 fish than all right? So my ?s are where can i get the rodi unit, how do i treat the poppy eye thing (its for both of his eyes) and could the water look cloudier because i added blue actinics? My real ?s are the one concerning the health of my fish tho. Please resond if you view this with any advice....... I NEED IT SO MUCH!!!!!! Thanks for being fantastic so far on this site, and I know youll have answers to my questions.

That is more than likely the result of your poor water...Should clear up with better water quality

Sadly he and the dugon passed today I'm guessing becaue I couldn't run the skimmer and all of the stress. Because of the decreased bio loAd I'm thinking of adding a couple corals if I can upgrade my lights. Rodi unit is on the way I got the one on eBay for 65. Every else looks good now. My bird wrasse scratched his eye but it's healing now.

I wouldn't get any corals until you get a handle on the water quality issues that your wrestling with. Once you can steadily keep your nitrates below 5-10 and your phosphates 0, you'll be ready for some corals.

I know. I ordered the RODI and tested the 20g QT tank with just rock snails and hermits in it and the trates were around 40ppm+. I believe this is the reason so after a couple pwcs with the RODI I should be good. And obviously after I upgrade lights.

Back
Top Bottom