I'm happy to announce that I have a breeding pair of angels!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emilygupps

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We have had some issues with two of our angels relentlessly bullying a third. About 5 days ago we moved our black beauty to his own home. Looking back, maybe he should have stayed in the community tank and those two should have gone.

I want to let them try on their own, as a mother I hate taking away babies that they seem to care for. But it's probably a death sentence because of the filters and the loaches. So we will probably pull this batch and try to switch them with the black angel because he is in a 20breeder with the sponge filter. We really had given up on breeding Angels after a whole year of waiting! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435635753.346832.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can't seem to find where to post my questions but this post is kind of in same category...first I have sevral angelfish and they all seem to pick on the same one y is this? I've split them up into different aquariums and recently just put all my fish into my 75gal just to treat them for what I believe is velvet which is a ***** to get rid of apparently ....that leads me to my second question....i know currently my 75 gal is overstocked but I just done it tonight in preparation to treat them all for velvet....and clean the other tanks and move them to a different spot so this is very very temporary but does anyone know if the jungle ick clear will kill velvet? I've tried super ick and heat and salt which I just learned I didn't use near enough salt but I'm having hard time figuring out what to do because I have five dojo loaches 2 ropefish so they're more sensitive...I can't put my ropes into a 40 gal but yet can't put all my other fish in 40 gal either or I'd treat separate. I'm going to try take few pics of my angels and if anyone has experience with this ick on steroids disease any advice is welcome....I didn't know velvet existed so it got a darn good head start on me...upon researching it I believe this is what it is and it's been going on a good couple months maybe three!!!! I'm an avid waterchanger is y I think they've made it this long. I recently took almost all my decor and gravel out hoping that will help get rid of it but as of now I don't know.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435642518.383601.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435642566.022859.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435642666.828502.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435642713.626069.jpglet me know if anyone else believes this is velvet I got to split this tank back up asap due to overcrowding and fighting angels

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Probably better off moving this to the unhealthy board. Might get a better response.

Round two!

We switched the pair in to their own tank and we had a new batch of eggs last night. This morning we saw they ate about half of them so we took the remaining eggs out and are doing the jar hatch method.

Back
Top Bottom