I'm so happy with my tank now.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

exodus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got back from another trip to fishmart, and my tank is finally getting under control after lots of algae problems.

Tonight I picked up -
1 bristlenose pleco, $1.75
6 otto cats, $1/ea (I've been looking for these ever since I set my tank up in april, and finally found them!!)
2 GBR - $6/ea
1 Female Bolivian for my male, $6.00
2 Chocolate Gourami, $3.75/ea

So I've had a fun night. Also since I was having CO2 problems (3-4 bubbles per second.. what was I thinking!) someone suggested upping my nitrates a bit and I've been dosing 25ppm nitrates for about 4 days now. The back of my tank was absolutely green with algae and slowly but surely - It's dissapearing!!

I've also got a nice pleco collection now, 1 bristlenose, 1 bushynose and 1 royal. I never see the royal, I've had him for about 3 weeks now and seen him twice.. but when I do see him, it's such a treat!

But anyways, just felt like sharing. Pics coming tomorrow!

i woulda thought fishmart would have better prices, i mean you got good deals (i dunno how much rams cost normally) but a dollar for otos?

I was wrong. Looking at the invoice today, GBR's were $3/ea and so was the bolivian. I only took a few of the fish, so I couldnt take advantage of any of the lot prices.

I've never seen otos cheaper than a dollar. buy some kale , keep it in freezer and feed them a leaf once a week. they will live forever and still eat tons of algae

Be careful - "happy with the tank" is normally soon followed by "bored with the tank." lol

nah, i'm just happy that everything is in balance right now. Its nice to look at, and all that good stuff. I'm not gunna get bored with it, there's always more plants to add and I have my convict fry in the 10g :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom