Impulse buy. My first cichlids.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I think they're prepping to breed soon. This guy was pushed into the corner by the big male but was never beat up or anything. I guess it's getting to that point. I wish I had known I would have moved him to one of my spare tanks.

Yeah dude the gap is so small I'm like he must be hiding but I checked the floor anyway. So mad.

ok here we go! I counted 23 in all - I'm thinking I'm going to relocate the fry to a 5g for a little bit til they get bigger. The two oddball females will go into the new 90g tanganyikan community, and I think I'm going to leave the pair in there so I can have more fry...good to bring to auction or trade at my LFS. These pics are all of mom and babies

I have fryyyyy!!!!
You certainly do!(y)

img_3245748_0_dac6313ebbf74f3efeb25a24f61bff43.jpg

Those are some good looking fish!

Love the mug on that guy!! Like.. "hey!!! You lookin at me?!?!? I don't see anyone else around so you must be looking at me!!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok haven't updated you guys in a while.
1) Mom and other ladies are in a new tank
2) Dad jumped out when I was on vacation and became a potato chip on the floor
3) I had moved the babies into a growout tank but when the parents were gone I moved them back. I also got a small second batch of fry before dad committed suicide.
There was on fry I couldn't catch, and he would disappear for weeks and then sneak out to come get food. So his name is Sneaky Pete. He is now the boss of the fry tank, and the biggest.
No idea how many I have overall. I will be keeping a few, and giving some to a friend. Of course I am stupid and left them with the shells so when it comes time to catch them I'm gonna regret that decision.

One in the second pic appears to be really chubby!! Its kinda like a cute colorful bowling ball!?

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Haha yeah when their bellies are full they get bulgy it's cute

Place a drinking glass upside down inside the tank. One by one, place a shell on top of the drinking glass and wait a little while. Shellie's will naturally head to lower ground. I haven't tried it personally but have heard several others use this trick

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Place a drinking glass upside down inside the tank. One by one, place a shell on top of the drinking glass and wait a little while. Shellie's will naturally head to lower ground. I haven't tried it personally but have heard several others use this trick

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hehehe, that's going to be a tedious process.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Freak I read the same it's just gonna take forever haha. I've got some spare PVC that's a bit taller and slimmer so I can do more than one shell at a time. Even then I'll probably suspend the shells in a bucket over some wide holed plastic mesh after I remove them from the tank just to be sure haha

Back
Top Bottom