Indian glassfish, freshwater or brackish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In attempts to learn more about one of my favorite fish I've come across many arguments that they're freshwater and many saying their brackish. I keep mine in a brackish and they get massive. Many sights say they get to 3in. Where as mine are pushing 6 in. Mine seem really happy in the brackish environment the only ones I've lost where small ones that where eaten by the bigger ones. So from personal experience I think their better in brackish water. Anyone have any experience with them in freshwater tanks? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440017115.340699.jpg

Keep calm and drum on

In attempts to learn more about one of my favorite fish I've come across many arguments that they're freshwater and many saying their brackish. I keep mine in a brackish and they get massive. Many sights say they get to 3in. Where as mine are pushing 6 in. Mine seem really happy in the brackish environment the only ones I've lost where small ones that where eaten by the bigger ones. So from personal experience I think their better in brackish water. Anyone have any experience with them in freshwater tanks? View attachment 276783

Keep calm and drum on
Odd the only two somewhat obtainable species that get that size are the humphead and giant, but yes they are one species that will thrive in full fresh to brackish yours were probably collected from a brackish location, which is why they do better in your current setup.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom