Insane Deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was gazing on craigslist a few minutes ago and found 2 55 gal tanks for 15 and 35 dollars! I'm probably going to get one so I need some ideas of fish to convince my mother to get it! Any ideas are welcomed also she likes bright colorful fish!

Mbuna would be a good choice for active, bright, colorful, and just generally fun fish. You have so many options though, it's really going to come down to what people prefer. If it were me, I would do either mbuna, or a pair of angels with a couple schools of tetras.

I like those:) keep more ideas coming! I will know if I get one of the tanks tomorrow and also what type of filter works best for this?

Canister would be my preferred choice, though an aquaclear HOB will be perfectly fine... either two 50's, two 70's, a 110, or maybe one 70 if you're lightly stocked.

Okay I'll look around at some of those Tuesday probably- if I do get the tank! Man I'm sooo excited!

alLexX said:
RAINBOW SHARK!!!!! a 55 is the min tank size

I looked at those but they don't get along well with other fish:( and I kinda wanted a few different fish in it... But they do look sweet and I may give in to the awesomeness of the RAINBOW SHARK!!!

I looked at those but they don't get along well with other fish:( and I kinda wanted a few different fish in it... But they do look sweet and I may give in to the awesomeness of the RAINBOW SHARK!!!
i disagree,if there in the proper tank size,they are nice... as long as noone goes in there there teritory:evilbat:

Okay then... Stupid Internet trying to misinform me! I will defiantly look into rainbow sharks!

Thats what I read and that they're really hard to breed because of that! Thank god I don't want to breed them:D

I still say BGK....I always wanted one but never had a big enough tank. But you can get one!

Yup but I'm indecisive! Which is horrible with all these ideas and fish and different water types... Actually I think that I may do a saltwater on this! First one ever so I may dip my feet on the salty side...

Yeah I'm the same way haha. Uh oh be prepared and educated. I've never had one so idk what to tell you there. They are expensive though

At this point I would focus mostly on the condition of these tanks. They may look in decent condition in pics, or the person may say that they are, but people say anything on CL. I've bought lots of tanks off of CL and there have been just as many flops as there have been good deals, so use some discretion and remember to get a really good look at them before you pay for anything.

Yeah I'm going to inspect it before I buy anything and if it falls through then I'll find something else, thanks for the warning though!

alLexX said:
i disagree,if there in the proper tank size,they are nice... as long as noone goes in there there teritory:evilbat:

I completely agree I had them at different times thinking one would be different I had one I a 100 gallon with cichlids and he would chase them all day and night I tried in a community tank and killed all my glowlights this was an 80 gallon I would reconsider the RTS and maybe think of a rainbow shark

Back
Top Bottom