Insane Deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alLexX said:
but only one per tank,they hate each other.

They don't hate eachother they are a schooling fish that don't show their true personality till in groups of 5-6 and this is why I don't recommend sharks to anyone cause not many people have a tank big enough to support that many sharks they should not be sold in pet stores

Wow, that was a blonde moment! I can usually figure them out but I couldn't figure that one out! Thanks!

I completely agree I had them at different times thinking one would be different I had one I a 100 gallon with cichlids and he would chase them all day and night I tried in a community tank and killed all my glowlights this was an 80 gallon I would reconsider the RTS and maybe think of a rainbow shark
i was suggestig a rainbow shark,and just because 2 fish were evil,doesnt mean all of them are.

That was 2 examples I have had 4 bad experiences with them and other friends had them too with the same experience even rainbow fish get along they too are schooling fish and belong in groups would you get 1 neon? No and since they belong in large groups not many people can support them this is why they shouldnt be sold in stores

Okay I'm back on here due to the fact that my mother said "no way" to my saltwater idea... So I'm back to the drawing board on freshwater:). So what fish do rainbow sharks get along with?

Okay I'm back on here due to the fact that my mother said "no way" to my saltwater idea... So I'm back to the drawing board on freshwater:). So what fish do rainbow sharks get along with?
pretty much anything that doesnt look like them or mess with them

Which are... Sorry I'm not good with this fishie knowledge:ermm: also this is going to be sorta planted:)

Which are... Sorry I'm not good with this fishie knowledge:ermm: also this is going to be sorta planted:)
well the ones that look like them are easy to avoid,and researching first will help find fish that get along

edit:and IME,there fine with plants

I'm thinking about 10 of Rasbora Heteromorpha Danios with the shark and probably another schooling fish...

Do tiger barbs become nice when in groups of like 12? Because I've heard both ways... And would they get along with the danios that I want? And would there be enough room in the tank for 12 tiger barbs, 6 danios, a rainbow shark and maybe 12 gold or rose(or whatever it's called) barbs in my 55 gallon tank?

I have 10 tigers in my tank and they don't bother with anything else they're too busy with the pecking order lol I have them with giant danios and they are fine but they did harass the angelfish that the prior owner of the tank had put in and I had to rehome it. So ime they are fine but avoid slow moving long finned fish if you get them, the temptation may be too great for them to resist :)

That's great to hear because I really wanted some! And I will make sure that I get no long finned slow moving fish:D

Guess what I just found out. I don't get my tank:(. My dad's taking it to his work, my sister gets most all of my tanks and a new off craigslist 29-40 gallon tank when her room is done because her turtle (that I have been taking care of and then got attacked while outside) died, I don't get to use my 12 gallon tank, my mom wants a hexagon tank for the living room for her, and since I'm giving everything up we get a box turtle-maybe- and it won't even be mine!!!! Grrrr not liking this. However I do get to stock my dad's tank. I'm putting in the rainbow shark like I wanted, 12 tiger barbs, 6-7 peppered cories, and maybe some bleeding heart tetras or jumbo neon tetras (dad really likes them). Sorry for the rant but I needed to get that out and I need to know if the tank is full with or with out the tetras and which one to get and how many of them.

Also would black skirt tetras work or would the tiger barbs attack them? Any other suggestions...

Back
Top Bottom