Introducing My ADF to My Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cyanide

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a betta in a fairly large bowl and I recently bought an ADF to add to it. Im not sure how to go about placing the ADF with the betta. Right now I have my ADF in a smaller bowl beside the bettas bowl so that they can get used to eachother. The Betta flares at the frog and the frog tries to pounce on the betta when they can see eachother through the glass. Will they get used to eachother eventually, or was this just a bad idea?

These frogs need hiding places where they can feel secure. How many gallon bowl? The betta will flare but will not usually bite the frog. All bettas react differently. If you see your betta biting him, you should remove the frog. But usually they will just flare & swim away. I witnesed my frog bite the bettas fins & wouldn't let go until the betta swam crazy around the tank. Also these frogs NEED live black worms. They can't live on fish flakes. I wouldn't recomend keeping them or anything in a bowl due to space and frogs can jump!

ive been feeding my betta bio gold along with frozen blood worms (which I also feed my frog aswell). This seems to be the recommended combination of food. My betta and adf dont seems to be bothered by eachother now, but, thats not much considering that they are in 2 different bowls. I pretty much just need to know how I should go about placing my frog in with my fish.....i dont just plop him in do i?

What's wrong with just dumping him in? how else did you think you were going to get him inside? lol :p... you can float him in a baggie first if you want which I don't think is necessary cuz you got the same temp in both bowls. Make sure there's a hiding place in the bowl.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom