Introducing new cichlids to a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always More than one fishing the time to cut down the stress on a single fish getting bullied, And kill the lights for the night

I wouldn't suggest boiling any rocks, they can explode..with lethal force. rinse them off and they are generally good to go. can test with vinegar to see if they fizz, if they do then don't put them in the tank. A diluted bleach solution can also be used but be sure to rinse thoroughly before introducing back to tank.

fire mouths are central american :p

Ive been boiling rocks for upwards of 10 years and never had one explode. Im not saying it cant happen but ive boiled a lot of rocks in my day lol. Also if a rock fizzes from vinegar it means that it will buffer your ph, which is not bad if your fish are african cichlids.

Thanks for everyone's help and advice yesterday. I bought some bumblebee and some johanni in end

I understand that but why?

It can be done. Just has to be done right. There is alot of info on this. Google and YouTube. :) mine is mixed right now and there is no bloodbath

Attachments

• image-1664653309.jpg
    image-1664653309.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 58
I see that you jave already gotten new fish but for future references i do the float in the bag method and add my tank water a little at a time a few times then empty the fish in a net over a bucket where i let the lfs water fall i have my husband feed my other tankmates on the opposite end of the tank from where im dropping in the newbie and nobody gets bother at all .. i dont have to rearrang or anything .. its great bc i have had a group of victoria basin fish almost kill some new additions before i tried this method

Thanks kjacks this is more or less the method I have been using apart from the feeding part. It has worked out fine so far. Thank you everyone who have replied to all my threads so far as someone new to cichlids I have found all the advice very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom