Invert chat, <3 spineless critters.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would an assassin snail overpower nerites?

Interesting. Well if I have 2 nerites, I wouldn't want to keep my pest snails around. I don't have the heart to squish them, and I know my RCS wont touch them.

Btw guys, within a week, we've hit the top ten most active threads for the past 30 days.

MABJ said:
Btw guys, within a week, we've hit the top ten most active threads for the past 30 days.

That's nothing. :p I have seen threads that are in the top 10 with over 500 posts. That was a fast increase in popularity though!

Swarm! x)
(Sorry about the dirty tank lol)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120403_025508.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120403_025508.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 78
laurelhed said:
This is a great idea to get an invert "thing" going! I am new to this stuff and have just gotten 7 Red Cherry Shrimp for our 20 gallon. It has a gravel substrate, some rocks and driftwood, and so far 2 anubias, 2 java ferns, 1 amazon sword, 1 moss ball, and we're getting java moss today. My question is, what sort of fertilizer can I safely use with the shrimp? I'm not finding an answer on the planted aquarium forum. We also have 6 Pink Zebra Danios and a Rubber Lip Plecostomous. I would really appreciate anybody's input!

You can use most ferts, just go slow with CO2 or liquid Carbon boosters (Glut). You can use CO2 around Shrimp, but start low and slow. I won't. And many Shrimp keepers won't. I lost some, so no gas or liquid Carbon for my tanks w Shrimp.

Beware of meds w high Copper. Trace Copper in ferts or fish food is ok.

For those who haven't seen my Shrimp. My pics are on my profile page. I'm over my limit on posting.

If you haven't seen it here is a vid of my fish in my Shrimp Tank.

And a few of my Shrimpz

Love your tanks! What kind of food is that and where do ya get it from? Has anyone tried to make their own shrimp food? I've been debating on it but the recipes I've seen say what to use, but not how much and that makes me a bit nervous lol.

Hello all. Good idea starting an invert. thread.
I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced their rcs molting more frequently after pwc's? That seems to be the case with mine and i was wondering why? Is it because after a pwc they have access to more minerals in the water to help with their exoskeleton hardening? I realize this may be a silly question but I'm curious.
Thanks

Hi I just got my first ever glass/ ghost shrimp ( don't know correct name ) it is so cool to watch !! All those little legs !! And i also got two apple snails .Plants looks much cleaner over night !! Lol

image-124305803.jpg

I know some inverts will only mate after a lower temperature, perhaps mimicking a tidal pool, who knows.

I know if your water has natural calcium, it may spur it, or even if your tank is higher on certain bacteria, and your pwc cuts it down.

I can't quite say but those are some ideas :S

@Lynda Uh oh. So do I just hope the pond snails eventually die? Lol.

@Coursair, I can't wait to get out of class to check those tanks out!

Yeah I think this thread is fun! I can barely keep up with the conversation at some points :p

Caroline79 said:
Hi I just got my first ever glass/ ghost shrimp ( don't know correct name ) it is so cool to watch !! All those little legs !! And i also got two apple snails .Plants looks much cleaner over night !! Lol

Hmm, well I'm actually not convinced that's a ghost shrimp, it doesn't look like any I've kept at least.

To be honest it looks like an Amano shrimp.

Someone will either confirm my suspicion or tell me how wrong I am lol.

I can at least say, shrimp like shrimp buddies. Get him some friends :D they have small bio loads.

Coursair said:
+ 1 Amano Shrimp. Get a lot bigger and are great algae eaters and plant groomers.

Boom. Thought something was off when I saw the dots, body shape and the poster said clean plants. Thanks :)

Oh ok now I will have fun id it ! U think it is that ? The lfs said some long name that I forgot , he said they eat algae but it's also eating bw it never stopped eating all day !! I am going back this week to get 2 more . Do u know if melafix is ok to use with them in tank ? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom