Invert chat, <3 spineless critters.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll let Coursair answer melafix, but they get about 3 inches.

Great Thread

I wanting to get some sticky shrimp which stick on the glass , they are white and very thin looking! Sorry cant remember name!

I use / want to have a apple golden snail

And maybe a asscain snail or zebra print nitrite snail!

Fishy Aston said:
Bargain

When I go to buy them they are £1.95!

Yeah that's what I see to but there was one shop (garden centre ) Williamsons that has them . Or try eBay they have lots of diff kinds inc apples and nirite zebra and horned ! £3 p&p .

Fishy Aston said:
Great Thread

I wanting to get some sticky shrimp which stick on the glass , they are white and very thin looking! Sorry cant remember name!

I use / want to have a apple golden snail

And maybe a asscain snail or zebra print nitrite snail!

Never heard of sticky shrimp. Assassin Snails kill other snails FYI.

Make sure you do thorough research before you purchase any animal, even sticky shrimp.. Let us know when you figure out their scientific name.

So, this is a little late, but I am going to throw in here that for small tanks like the 4g betta tank discussed, I would go with a nerite snail. Apple snails get bigger than nerites and have a bigger bioload, so nerites are more easily kept healthy in small tanks. Apple snails have a pretty big bioload, so keeping them in smaller tanks definitely means more cleaning IME. Also, apple snails tend to glide around with their feelers totally extended and some nippy fish (like a shrimp eating betta for example) will nip those right off. Nerites, however, don't come as far out of their shells, so you don't have to worry about that issue with them. :)

Good comment :) keep in mind nerites really do thrive on algae and vegetation. Not fish food.

U have got me thinking to move my new apple snail out of my dp tank! The dp were in a tank with apples so I thought It would be ok but they are nipping at them sometimes . Do you think I should remove them to other tank ?

Did you do research on puffers? Not to be mean, but it was a bad idea to mix snails with the puffers. I'd remove them.

MABJ said:
I'll let Coursair answer melafix, but they get about 3 inches.

Can Those shrimp buddy's be a diff kind maybe stay a little smaller? Or is it best to keep same kind?

They dont really school per say, but I'm confident there is some kind of shrimp communication. I'd say get one or two more of the same kind..

I will get the same kind of shrimp. I have done a lot of research on dp and have waited a long time to get them ! But I have heard a lot of people keeping those with them and they came from a tank with large apples so i thought the would not bother them. dp are babys there body's are about the size of a pencil top rubber. I will take the apples out ! 

I mean anything is possible in this odd hobby.

I just wouldn't put it past a puffer to take a bite out of a nice soft snail. Especially one that hangs out of its shell.

Hey guys!

I think we should have a micro crab breeding contest..

The person who does actually successfully breed them first would be quite renowned.

Most sources online say the most experienced breeders have kept them alive for 9 days maximum, but I've found someone who kept them alive for 14-15 days, with a high amount of micro feeding.

I'm by no means an expert, but can we assume if they were found in a Thai river,
need constant sunlight, are detritus feeders and are a micro crab; that the larvae will need a mix of zooplankton, brine shrimp and daphnia type foods at all hours of the day in a very tiny tank, like 3.7-5 litres.

Hmmmmmm.. I'd just like to hear some comments from people experienced in breeding crustaceans. I'd love to try to breed them!

3600910038_dce9fef9a7.jpg

Apparently they are .5mm across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom