Is my 45 gallon tank overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morourke6000

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 45 gallon tank. So far I have 2 medium angelfish, 2 mollies, a bristlenose pleco, a zebra danio, a golden ram, 2 cory catfish, a kuhli loach, and two mini mexican lobsters. Also, how many plants could I get? So far I have a medium sized clump of fanwort, and 2 anubias nanas. Is my tank overstocked? If not, how many more danios and cories can I get? :thanks: BTW my tank dimensions: 36"L x 13"W x 24"H :fish2:

I have a 45 gallon tank. So far I have 2 medium angelfish, 2 mollies, a bristlenose pleco, a zebra danio, a golden ram, 2 cory catfish, a kuhli loach, and two mini mexican lobsters. Also, how many plants could I get? So far I have a medium sized clump of fanwort, and 2 anubias nanas. Is my tank overstocked? If not, how many more danios and cories can I get? :thanks: BTW my tank dimensions: 36"L x 13"W x 24"H :fish2:

I have never had any experience with the lobsters so i cant help with that. In general though lobsters tend to snack on other fish. You could increase the numbers in your cory, and danio shcools to 6. You can get as many plants as you would like. Please note that your angels could potentially become agressive toward your other fish. IMO it would be better to rehome one.

Thank you for the advice! :) I am keeping a close eye on my lobsters, but I was told that they don't bother fish (for the most part) they are really tiny. I am also keeping an eye on the angelfish, but so far so good. Since you mentioned that I could get some more danios and cories, I guess my tank is not close to being overstocked??

Run your current stock on aquadvisor for an idea. If I were you I would get rid of the mollies and add more danios and cories.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The mini lobsters are safe unless there are incredibly small slow moving fish or inverts like most shrimps or the like.

Most def check on aqadvisor.com

Get rid of those mollies and add more danios and cories. Mexican crayfish wont eat fish... unless they are dead of course. Tell us about the filtration too

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom