IT'S BEEN A MONTH!!! - New PICS!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumFreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey Gang,

Well it's been a month sense I setup my tank and I couldn't be happier with it. I wanted to thank you all for your answers to my questions... I don't think the tank would have turned out so well if it wasn't for all of your help.

I went a little crazy with the camera last night so there are plenty of pictures... Got a great one of my Cherry Shrimp.

http://www.aquariumfreak.com/90gal_journal/90gal_5_26_04.html

If you notice anything strange in the pictures please feel free to tell me about it... always helps to have input. :)

Hope you all enjoy and thank you again,

Jeff

P.S. Be sure to check out the home page and see the changes with the tank week to week :D

Thank You....

I've been chattting with Mr. Burns and now I am thinking of moving my nana's below the driftwood to see if they do better there and adding some Java Fern on top.

How will the Java Fern handle the high light?

I don't think you will have too much problem with higher light on the java fern. I do know its a low light plant but I have seen many tanks wih high light growing it. I personally love Java...

I know azgardens have this:

Giant Java Fern (Microsorium pteropus) Low Light. These are at the very least 12"+ specimens! Uncommon to see this plant this large! Sold as a clump.

Thinking one of these might look nice on top of the driftwood...

You can see that my nana's aren't too happy up there

i see you've set up the 20 gal. are you going to have a separate section just for it? what plants do you have in there now? what lighting are you using? it's very focused just left of center, i think it looks great. very nice effect.

I wish I planned the lighting effects in that photo, basically the tank and room are so dark that's what I ended up with :D

I'm planning on putting the 10gal and 20gal in the same section... haven't really been focusing on them too much so that's why they aren't up on the site yet.

I am thinking of adding some buttons to the home page for setups, ferts, ect..

Thanks

I try and add a new picture to the flash each week or each time I tank pictures.

Hoping that the left side starts filling in now that I have my ferts adjusted.

I'll keep you all posted

Jeff

What a gorgeous tank! Your site is really nice, too. I don't have any suggestions....it looks great to me. That planted tank is really spectacular.

the only suggestion i could make is to replace the plant profile pictures with actual examples from your take and not just what is on aquatic landscapes' website. many of the dealer websites have idealized or unrealistic pictures of the plants...like the micranthemoides...who is going to actually plant a dozen stalks loosly together like that picture? i think the hedge of micranthemoides in your tank is a far more accurate representation of what to do with the plant. a brief description of your experience with the plant would be very helpful as well.

Back
Top Bottom