It's finally here (Moving Day)**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tested the water parameters today and the results:

NH3 = 0
NO2= 0
NO3 = 10-20ppm
ph = 7.4

Needless to say, I'm very impressed! This is my first experience in using established media. Now comes the big question. I know I can transfer Cliff at any time. The question is...who should go in next...the new fish (German Rams, Keyholes) or my angels from my 30gal? Of course, I want everyone to be happy :D :D . The other question is: I have heard that serpaes are just nip happy little things. Since I have them in a school of 6, would that cut down on their nipping habits? My angels have led a stress free existence and I wouldn't want to introduce them to a "hostile" environment.

Well, I went ahead and transferred the angels to the 75gal late last night. It was really getting out of hand with them in the 30gal. No one else was able to get to the top of the tank during feedings and I watched one of them nip and my snails soft underbelly while he was "bubblesurfing" (more details on that later). They took to the transfer very well.

It was interesting to watch them as they re-grouped, found a quiet area and then one would start to "scout" followed by the rest in single file (I knew I hit their names right on the head). It was similar to a military operation. Their tankmates came over to "greet" them shortly thereafter and everyone seems to be getting along just fine.

Well...wonder of wonders. I started feeding cichlid pellets last night. Thought the angels would like them as well as the Rams. The angels sniffed at them and totally pushed them aside. 8O

I had thought they would enjoy them but apparently, they've gotten so used to tubifex, brine shrimp and flakes that introducing new food will take time?

Well, the serpaes and red eyes seemed to like them...to bad they couldn't fit in their mouths. :D

My male betta (name is Samon w/o the L haha) does the bubble surfing. Its the cutest thing, and so fun to watch!

I also dont have anything on the back of my tank so where the filter is gets a reflection of himself, he always flares up on it but I don't think it stresses him. He seems to be very happy.

I have been using this thread to post the progress of my 75gal tank. A small set-back has occurred. Both of the German Rams (aka Juan and Carlos) have died.

Back
Top Bottom