It's finally here (Moving Day)**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I see. For some reason I thought you had ordered it online...maybe I just jumped to conclusions when I read the word "delivered" earlier in the thread or something. Well hurry up and get that thing cycled!!! :wink: I know, all in good time... Can't wait to see it stocked.

Oof...whew. I managed to "shove" one more piece of wood into the tank. No room for anymore due to the slate anchors. And, after 7 days, most of the wood is still not saturated enough to remove rocks.

The good news is...the "cycle" is almost over. I have no NH3, .5ppm NO2 and 1ppm NO3.
I removed the cloudy, nasty remnants of the shrimp and to be truthful, I've never seen anything cause such a mess. :evil: I did a 50% PWC and chased down as much of the floating shrimp pieces as possible. A couple of algae wafers will have to do until complete.

Using established media is a wonderful thing! :D

Grrr...I can't believe it...the params mentioned above are reversed (it's my fault, I took my son's word for them...should have looked myself). NH3 is 1ppm, NO2 is .5ppm and 0ppm NO3.

I thought something was a little odd.

No, no pics yet, still up to my elbows in tank stuff. It wouldn't look much different other than the new piece of wood...LOL.

Well...the fishless cycle proved too much...the established media I have is about to starve to death. I just wanted to be careful, take my time but since I really didn't need to do it, I have cancelled the fishless cycle and:

I got some fish:

Red (flame) eyed tetras:

And some Red Serpae tetras:

:D

Very nice! :D
Now don't add anymore fish untill your cycle is done! :p
The impatience.....unbelieveable.... :lol: JK

Billsgate...I'm surprised at you. It wasn't impatience that led to that...my beneficial harvested bacteria from the 30g was literally starving to death via the shrimp. I couldn't bear to see my little microscopic babies go back to sleep after the wonderful job they've been doing in the 30g. :wink:

Yes...after the tank is cycled. I have my eye on Koi's or at the very least, marbles. A couple of keyholes and a couple of rams will round out the base and then Mr. Gibbiceps and cories will complete it.

Back
Top Bottom