Jasper the Giant Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone else get freaked out by how quickly and significantly their goldfish grow?

I have one goldfish, Jasper, who was tiny when I rescued him in Dec 2013, and is now bigger than my hand.

The other two fish in his tank have grown but not to the same extent.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424056130.582440.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424056150.649531.jpg

Jasper;
- is a fancy goldfish approx 2 years old.
- gets NLS pellets for breakfast, a frozen meal for dinner (e.g. frozen brine shrimps), and peas or cucumber for supper.
- he shares an approx 200L tank with two other fancy goldfish (interim tank).
- he gets 50-60%water changed twice a week.

Is Jasper's growth rate and girth within a normal range?

What can I do differently?

He is a funny guy that loves his bridge and mealtime, but has never recovered from the bad place I rescued him from (terrified of hands).

Roz

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can't see the photos. :(

we're gona need a bigger tank (boat).. JAWS ~~~∆~~\o/~~

No could be my app playing up as I also can't see my own posts. Shame. I have a rescued black moor 2-3yrs old and he is as big as my hand. I think he has comet in his heritage his quite long and streamline with a golden tinge to his blackness. I have another blackmoor who's a year old and he has a more ryukin apperance stumpy and fat.

No could be my app playing up as I also can't see my own posts. Shame. I have a rescued black moor 2-3yrs old and he is as big as my hand. I think he has comet in his heritage his quite long and streamline with a golden tinge to his blackness. I have another blackmoor who's a year old and he has a more ryukin apperance stumpy and fat.

I think Jasper has some Common Goldfish in him, as he is long and less round than this tankmates.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom