jbj 28hqi build.... sorta.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im less convinced its ich.... It looks as if it could be a scratch? But would a couple of missing scales be white underneath?

For all those interrested an fts.

ForumRunner_20111130_230242.jpg

The rockd that were on the left side are in my qt, and the nem decided to go for a stroll the other night so hes at the back right near the topmost rock. Since my clown will not leave it he has become difficult to feed

So ive decided, i cant decide! Going back and forth on ich. To do hyposaline treatment has differing arguments, some say lower slowly others say fast and itll make ich literally explode, and that going up needs to be slow but down doesnt matter.... Slightly torn on the subject. What do you guys do?

It wwasmost def ich... The spot turned into hundreds while we were at the park today. Beforr we left i looked and thought was that anothrr spot, continued to watch didnt see it again, come home and... It was horrible.

I did a freshwater dip... Matched th ph, but my second heater gave up the other day, so my qt is room temp, and so was my fw. The beauty is not doing well though. After about a min in the dip he tried to jump, i grabbed the net pulled him out and back to the qt..

Now hes just sitting, still in the net leaning to one side and breathing heavily.

Mostly im pissed at myself, i sould have just treated for ich in case it was. And now, obviously i botched the dip but i dont know where i went wrong. Im like if i would have just lowered the salinity in the qt would he have better off.

can't second guess yourself, you didn't think it was prudent at the time and it just didn't turn out perfect. I still doubt myself and my judgement calls sometimes after I had those 6 fish die off on me, always wondering if I could have done something different. And the answer is yep, I could have taken a different path and maybe it would have worked out but theres no way of knowing. :)

Surprise! these are in the qt. Aidan didnt want anything in the dtore but the clown goby and a full grown picasso trigger...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111217_110625.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111217_110625.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 76
  • ForumRunner_20111217_110637.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111217_110637.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 68
Yeah clown goby, and a firefish. The qt is in our bedroom now, my son doesnt want to leave it it.

The goby is really tiny though. Makes me worry. The store said it was a watchman, i was sure it wss a clown/coral goby before i bought it though.

As far as what ate everything, theres another hermit which was playing with the new shell... And two snail shells where by the cave of an emerald crab

I think I can watch the corraline spread in my dt!

In other news I think ill have to move the nem into the qt for a while, when the new fish get added to the dt. The lights are better and I think it wants more.

Back
Top Bottom